Judging Fights based on DAMAGE not blanketing!

Of course Islam is one of the GOATS, or are you one of those guys who swear by UFC rankings?

Everyone gets that you love the guy, and no doubt he's a talented prospect with an incredibly high ceiling. His KO loss to Martins is likely a blip, and my guess is he will do big things soon. But calling him one of the GOATS now...I know you're just trying to be funny but dude...c'mon.

Also, please, PLEASE, change your AV. That picture of him makes him look very...special, and not in a good way. I've brought this up to you before. Just freaking pick one of these:

upload_2020-2-29_11-27-45.jpeg
upload_2020-2-29_11-27-57.jpeg
upload_2020-2-29_11-28-13.jpeg

Or if you really need one of him happy and smiling, use this MUCH less creepy one:

images

I'm honestly just trying to help you out bro. If you want to grow the Islam Makhachev brand, your AV pic isn't gonna help imo.

I actually began my last message pointing out that he recently tamed his blanket will to some extent, don't be a fanatic.

That doesn't mean he's the next Anderson Silva, he is and much likely will ever be the kind of guy that whenever something goes wrong will blanket his adversary on sight.

All in all he's a good fighter, but we measure fights by damage inflicted, not damage dodged/blanketed.
I guess we have different definitions of blanket. Usman, Rashad,Chael, GSP Bendo etc...those are what I considered blankets and I find them very hard to watch at times. I honestly don't recall Khabib ever being that type of lay n prey style wrestler. I've always considered him more ground n pound. Maybe i missed the fights your referring to or like I said different definition of the word.

I guess we have different definitions of blanket. Usman, Rashad,Chael, GSP Bendo etc...those are what I considered blankets and I find them very hard to watch at times. I honestly don't recall Khabib ever being that type of lay n prey style wrestler. I've always considered him more ground n pound. Maybe i missed the fights your referring to or like I said different definition of the word.

It takes very high level defensive grapplers to shut down Khabib's gnp. Best example is his fight with RDA. Khabib landed 36 total sig strikes in 15 minutes...and won in a shutout. Zero damage inflicted. But against guys who aren't as good, he's generally going to get through and land gnp early and often.

I think we're on the same page, just slight different views, let me typecast 3 kinds of grappling material:

- The proud blanket - Guy who is proud of blanketing and will resort to it no matter what: Usman, Rashad, Chael, GSP, Bendo, Colby..
- The shy blanket - Often former proud, a guy who will try to fight up until being punched in the face, if that happen they fall back to regular blanketing: DC and Khabib being good examples.
- The non blanket - Someone who seeks a finish on the mat, those being mostly BJJ fighters, not wretlers: Maia and Oliveira being the front and foremost.

Non blankets often suck as bad as proud ones because they're often not as good in wrestling like the former, like when Maia can't take/keep his opponent down. I cut these some slack as they don't finish due to their own limitations, not unwillingness.

How's that for you? (Care to build up your 3 categories?)

No wrestlers at LW. Khabib's reign is a matter of circumstance.

I actually began my last message pointing out that he recently tamed his blanket will to some extent, don't be a fanatic.

That doesn't mean he's the next Anderson Silva, he is and much likely will ever be the kind of guy that whenever something goes wrong will blanket his adversary on sight.

All in all he's a good fighter, but we measure fights by damage inflicted, not damage dodged/blanketed.
good point on the damage dodged by being a wet blanket
im glad I am not the only person on sherdog that see's this.

By damage is ok, 5% of sherdog does that
By skin damage is stupid, 95% of sherdog does that.

The thread title made it pretty clear what the contents would be, so if you thought it's a dumb topic why open it

Not really? When i opened this thread i thought it'd be about judging criteria, and or maybe strategic gameplanning for winning matches in the sport of MMA, and or maybe a stealth hate thread on a fighter who wrestlefucked the original poster's favorite fighter.

I am interested to see if Tony can crack Khabib and damage him.

Chael is up there and has good sense of humor but even he admits Khabib is better than him, timestamped he practically calls Khabib the all-time P4P GOAT

Thats just cause Chael is too humble, and is humbly giving Khabib the title of MMA GOAT, when Chael is the GOAT of life.

Back