Judging damage by how the person took it

Ideanudge

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
So there is always this ongoing talk about our scoring system, especially after decisions, draws, split-decision. So I am thinking about the validity of judging the damage by how the person takes it.

What I mean here is how the person reacts to it, is his head snapping back, his movement changes, his face gets bloodied, he grimaces, he gets rocked, whether he becomes timid. It's all no doubt to some extent already taken into account by judges, but I want these maybe subconscious elements to be given prominance and construct even better understanding of damage. Some fighters can be hit as hard by a fighter in their division as anyone, but themselves as individual people show different response to it, both physicaly and psychologically. They can be hurt mentally, and when a decisions decides the outcome of war, it also takes into account many other aspects besides the battles.

Damage is subjective especially when it doesn’t result in a clear demonstration of being hurt like when a fighter Wobbles visibly after getting rocked.

When someone gets legitimately knocked down (and not a flash knockdown, pulling fear guards, or a slips and trips) it’s because he was hit with a blow that caused a temporary short circuit of synapses and signals going through their nervous system.
In cases like this and only cases like this then It should be considered a great achievement that should definitely get scored higher because it indicates being close to a finish. Shame on these judges who don’t understand that.

Back