1. We are currently experiencing technical difficulties. For those experiencing login issues, a temporary solution is to clear your cache and cookies on your web browser. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience.
  2. The official Sherdog Store is back! Check it out! » Discuss it here! »

Judge-gate Lee/Murphy fight

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by AlzheimersAluminum, Feb 10, 2020.

1. AlzheimersAluminum Blue Belt

First Joe Rogan and Dominick Cruz notice one of the judges wasn't watching the Murphy/Lee fight:
    https://www.scmp.com/sport/martial-.../ufc-247-joe-rogan-and-dominick-cruz-outraged

Then Andrea Lee calls for judge to be fired and for video evidence:
    http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::ee...wants-fans-in-attendance-to-send-in-evidence/

Then the Texas Department of Licensure and Regulation issues a statement:
    “Claims have been made that a judge was not paying attention to the fight and was looking down at the floor,” Mange said. “One of the advances that UFC has made in the past several years has been to provide small video monitors below the floor level of the octagon for each judge to more closely monitor matches.”
    https://mmajunkie.usatoday.com/2020...-joe-rogan-ufc-247-judging-criticism-backlash

And now footage of the judge emerges!

Looks like he was looking at his phone to me. I also can't help but notice TDLR's statement wasn't a denial.

2. TheToqueville Banned Banned

Any footage of what the judges were doing during the Hendricks/GSP fight? Because that was far more egregious.

3. JustAkidFrom209 Banned Banned

Dont really have a problem with the decision, I could definitely see an argument fro Lauren.

4. D'z Me against 40 of you?...A fair fight! -Big L

Word... lee-murray-fighter.jpg

5. sadowolf Some Belt Color

This is what I was hoping they had footage of. They addressed the judge "looking at the floor" but never the part where Rogan said there was a judge straight up having a conversation and not looking at the fight for an extended period of time. So did the commission install a monitor in that dude's face too?

6. teamfox223 Brown Belt

LOL when people say WMMA matches is bathroom break time that doesn't mean the judges too.

7. baba2008 Magnus Eisengrim

Now that's fucked up. Probably looking at a text asking him how the fights are going. "Beats me - I'm not even paying attention!!!"

8. poor form Banned Banned

Are we sure that’s a judge, judging that fight? I’d need to know that for sure before saying much else. Because I read somewhere the phone guy was a commission guy. Context definitely matters.

9. TITS ASS Platinum Member

This fight could have gone either way. What's more fucked up is the judge scoring 30-27 for Giles.

10. Shabutie Banned Banned

All of a sudden people care about wmma not because they enjoy it but because they get to complain like little fucking drama bitches.

11. Klaavical Red Belt

12. Kwinkle Kwink Brown Belt

Someone said that they were looking at the floor as the Fight was on.
    upload_2020-2-11_23-40-37.jpeg