Judge Chris Lee (49-46 Jones) also scored Woodley/Shields 30-27 Woodley

While he may be off point-wise, at least he had the right fighter winning both fights. I gave Jones/Gus to Jones, though I could see it both ways, but I had Woodley beating Shields in that god-awful slopfest they called a match.

Its not that hard to see why the fight would be given 49-46 when you re watch the fight
Apart from Gus taking the 1st and Jones the 5th. You could make a point for either in the other 3 rounds. Gustaffson didnt win any of them CLEARLY. Its not the disgraceful Judging some are making out

Its not that hard to see why the fight would be given 49-46 when you re watch the fight
Apart from Gus taking the 1st and Jones the 5th. You could make a point for either in the other 3 rounds. Gustaffson didnt win any of them CLEARLY. Its not the disgraceful Judging some are making out

I see a strong argument for Gus having 4 over Jones having 4.... unless you subscribe to Forrest-Griffining the belt. Then its 3-2 Gus.

1: Gus via more strikes (because his takedown goes nowhere)
2: Gus via more sig strikes and aggression (fightmet counted Jones blocked and leg)
3: Very close, could easily go both ways
4: Jones won it. Thought it was more Gus but I was wrong.
5: Gus via more strikes (because Jones' takedown goes nowhere)

Not the slightest bit surprised either. Dude's an amateur, as are the vast majority of the State Athletic Commissions judges.

I had jones winning rounds 2-5. I know it isnt a popular score card, but I thought he did more damage and pushed the pace.

I had jones winning rounds 2-5. I know it isnt a popular score card, but I thought he did more damage and pushed the pace.

Serious question, just trying to understand: In what capacity was Jone's striking in two, three, and five more damaging than Gus?

Back