Judge assaults public defender; no arrests made

Big Nasty Edison

Excellence of execution belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/v...udge-and-public-defender-altercation.cnn.html

CNN reports a Florida judge challenges a public defender to a fight, when the PD walks out into the hall way the judge grabs his collar and starts hitting him. Cops break it up and no arrests are made.

Imagine if a normal person started a fight with a judge or prosecutor in court? They'd be locked up with the book thrown at them.

Also, I checked and didn't see any other threads on this in the War Room.

Brutal using a position of authority and doing something like that. If that Public Defender had of accepted and beat the judge down in the parking lot, the potential harm the judge could do to his life and his career is ridiculous.

Also, I've never understood this 'challenged to fight' thing. There are actually places you can do that. Challenge them to a boxing match. Or even go down to a local club, lace up, and hit each other.

I'm sure the same judge has slapped people with fines or jail time for assaults, bar fights, etc

Lol what a weird story

Florida. Why am i not surprised?

No arrests were made because those that enforce & make laws, are immune from them... For the most part.

No arrest were made because no one had marks and no one wanted to press charges.

The PD was being a real dickhead by witness accounts and the judge reacted badly.

He should have just throw the PD in jail and been done with it.

They may both still receive some kind of punishment by the bar.

What an asshole. I can't even fathom why a judge would think that is OK. I'm just picturing the judges at my courthouse trying that. One of them I might be worried about. The rest are old or women whose asses I could handily kick.

They should tie the judge to a wall and throw books at him as a punishment.

Hard cover preferably.

Meh...lawyer will sue. Id like the judge to attack me too.

Judge Dredd :icon_twis

Maybe the defendant invoked his right to trial by combat?

No arrest were made because no one had marks and no one wanted to press charges.

The PD was being a real dickhead by witness accounts and the judge reacted badly.

He should have just throw the PD in jail and been done with it.

They may both still receive some kind of punishment by the bar.

The only witness account I've heard was that the PD was waive a particular right on behalf of his client. One he wasn't required to waive. The judge got mad, and asked him to step outside so they could "settle it like men." Then started punching him.

So, what have you heard?

I wish there were more of these fights. Back when politicians were men they dispensed with the fist o' cuffs for a good old fashioned duel. I think the Supreme Court once boycotted the funeral of a politician, not because the politician died in the duel, but because a rule was broken during the duel.

Bring back duels!!!!

So?

A judge's role is one of the utmost responsibility, he tells people day in day out that they are going to jail for such actions.

He should be removed from his position and have some form of punishment.

He needs to be fired.

In any other profession, if you start punching someone at your work place you get fired and probably arrested.

Unless you're a professional fighter, punching someone in the face should result in a termination of job 100/100 times.
But hey, he is part of the justice system so of course he is above the law. I am sure the House of Authority Worship will be hear soon saying it's ok for Judges and Police to punch people because they were being annoying. That same standard could never be applied to anyone else in the real world.

Back