Judge: Apple must help US hack San Bernardino killer's phone

Not that computer savy so I got a question:
Is it orders of magnitude harder to crack the password on an Apple Iphone than cracking the password on Win 7 pro desktop?

IPhone's are a four digit code. I am not familiar with what the requirement is for Win 7 pro desktop.

Amazing that the US gov't can't hack some schmo's cell phone.

49074182.jpg

2945137-1772568646-1485..gif

"We can help with that."

Putin really creeps me out, not to mention his draconian laws about homo sexuality.

Or the Feds already figured it out and are now trying to make it seem like they did everything on the up and up.

IPhone's are a four digit code. I am not familiar with what the requirement is for Win 7 pro desktop.

Well if it's 4 digits that's like 10,000 possibilities. If it's a computer where you could have any arrangement of letters and numbers, that's a totally different thing.

i would support your mayberry thread in finding solutions to the problem . n.n

@Rex Kwon Do

Just get the Harddrive and keep it or smash it and bury it somewhere.

My Cousin gave me his old Sony Cyber shot and then I ran a recovery software and some bad pictures came up. It is actually really easy to get a recovery software from the net this days.

Not that computer savy so I got a question:
Is it orders of magnitude harder to crack the password on an Apple Iphone than cracking the password on Win 7 pro desktop?

Getting rid of the password itself on Windows 7 is a piece of piss. Decrypting bitlocker encrypted drives requires forensic software, but isn't particularly difficult.
So I assume the Apple encryption must be much, much more secure.

The issue is getting through the user created pass code. If you don't have the code it is near impossible to get in. The phones lock up after only a few incorrect tries and you are forced to wait, I believe around thirty minutes, before you can even begin attempting again and it will continue to lock up as you get the code wrong so trying to brute force the code would take forever.

And it's not that Apple doesn't want to give out your code. Even they don't know it believe it or not and they didn't build in any back doors to get around the passcode.

Getting rid of the password itself on Windows 7 is a piece of piss. Decrypting bitlocker encrypted drives requires forensic software, but isn't particularly difficult.
So I assume the Apple encryption must be much, much more secure.

Well is not like the 4 digit password is secure, its the self-destruct mechanism that the phone has.

Well you obviously didn't read the article but such is life. To answer your question, no. Apple has built encryption technology into all their phones, that apparently the feds can't figure out.
so all those celebs who had their phone hacked, didn't have iphones?

so all those celebs who had their phone hacked, didn't have iphones?

They didn't have their phones physically hacked into. If I'm not mistaken I think their issue was their online or cloud passwords were hacked.

What I think is hilarious, is that there are numerous people in this forum that believe that the government is some all powerful, insidious group, when in actuality, they can't even break into an Apple phone.

What I think is hilarious, is that there are numerous people in this forum that believe that the government is some all powerful, insidious group, when in actuality, they can't even break into an Apple phone.

Luckily for them iphone's werent around in 2001 or they never would've been able to pull off 9/11.

...why?

To protect the rights of dead terrorists?
No.

To protect the rights of people that aren't terrorists, and proprietary information.

Apple has huge business contracts now much like blackberry used to. If this gets out there or in the wrong hands it puts the security on the phones at risk.

Seems like they are all powerful if they can force a company to do their work for them.

Back