Social Judge allows Nick Sandmann to sue Washington Post, reverses prior ruling

Good to know you're for high school kids getting smeared by the MSM. How very Liberal of you.

Hillel isn't a liberal, he's just the kind of hateful angry goon that naturally gravitate's towards the left because he wants to see people suffer.

Hillel isn't a liberal, he's just the kind of hateful angry goon that naturally gravitate's towards the left because he wants to see people suffer.

Oh yes, I want people to suffer. That's why I don't support this President detaining people in cages for months on end at taxpayer expense, and that's why I think Eric Holder should have charges brought to his ass for the Fast and Furious program.

I oppose wrongheaded and unethical policies because I want people to suffer, of course.

You have an odd sense of ethics in Canada, Britain or whatever nation you lie about being from, Yorkist. You sound quite like a Crown loyalist would in the 1760s.....

Oh yes, I want people to suffer. That's why I don't support this President detaining people in cages for months on end at taxpayer expense, and that's why I think Eric Holder should have charges brought to his ass for the Fast and Furious program.

I oppose wrongheaded and unethical policies because I want people to suffer, of course.

You have an odd sense of ethics in Canada, Britain or whatever nation you lie about being from, Yorkist. You sound quite like a Crown loyalist would in the 1760s.....

Lol. Ooh you're from 'insert country here.' Buurrrrrn!

You want certain people to suffer. The people you blame for why your life is so miserable.

Good, sue them and I hope he wins. The rush to crucify these kids without sustainable evidence was sickening.

Lol. Ooh you're from 'insert country here.' Buurrrrrn!

You want certain people to suffer. The people you blame for why your life is so miserable.

You have claimed to be both from Britain and Canada, along with claiming you have dual citizenship in the USA. You're a liar, and a whore at that, as is clear by your postings.

LOL at the sheer projection of that last sentence. Seriously, good comedy there. What people do I want to suffer, precisely?

Good. Hope the kid wins and gets paid so much it buries that paper, scaring the others so much that they hesitate to fuck over someone like that again.

Fuckin racists.

One of these issues where I never understood why people cared about it.
Of all the dumb posts in the WR this year I nominate this as the dumbest. Congratulations!

Whether you come at this as a freedom of the press, or holding media accountable issue this is a pretty big deal.

Oh yea, they tried to ruin his life. Your narrative is so compelling, it's already resulted in Nathan Philip's defamation suit being thrown out like the nonsense it was.

But good on you to imagine the catastrophic nature of his future life. LOL

they did though. You don’t agree? They took an old Indians word for It, and asked none questions. The liberal national media outright called the kid a racist POS for about 3 days before they finally got wind of the longer video. Then they Didn’t really apologize or anything. They just dropped it.

Would you mind explaining why you don’t think that’s a problem? Kid got super super lucky for that extra video. Or his life was over.

So you think the case will get thrown out?

On what grounds do you think it will?

The broad protections afforded by the 1st Amendment.

Granted, the way the kid was portrayed in the media was shitty. But unless he can show that the Post used language that was explicitly false (and perhaps, that they also knew they were false at the time of the reporting, should the Court find him a limited purpose public figure), then there is likely no case.

Essentially, failing to show video of a broader context is likely not enough. Knowingly stating a falsehood would.

Nonetheless, if he can get it to a jury, he'll likely get a settlement. It's a sympathetic case, and the Post wouldn't risk it getting in front of a jury.

Hurt them for me Nick. Bankrupt them. Strip them naked and force them to walk the streets in shame while good people throw rotten eggs and vegetables at them.

The broad protections afforded by the 1st Amendment.

Granted, the way the kid was portrayed in the media was shitty. But unless he can show that the Post used language that was explicitly false (and perhaps, that they also knew they were false at the time of the reporting, should the Court find him a limited purpose public figure), then there is likely no case.

Essentially, failing to show video of a broader context is likely not enough. Knowingly stating a falsehood would.

Nonetheless, if he can get it to a jury, he'll likely get a settlement. It's a sympathetic case, and the Post wouldn't risk it getting in front of a jury.

I'm fairly skeptical that this case is going anywhere, but I think the reversal (if I'm reading it right, reversal only on a few points, not all) makes sense, since it was not only opinion but matters of fact that the Post misreported.

I think treating the young man as a public figure would be absurdly unjust, given that it is only the Post's obviously erroneous reporting related to him that made him well known.

Journalists and Celebs Rush to Delete Tweets Slamming MAGA-Hat Kids
By Pardes Seleh | Jan 21st, 2019

Screen-Shot-2019-01-21-at-8.27.21-AM.jpg

You can delete your old tweets, but the internet is forever. At least, that’s what the Screenshot Bot tells us.

Over the past 24 hours, journalists and public figures on Twitter have deleted previous posts slamming a group of MAGA hat-wearing teens for allegedly taunting a Native American vet, after more footage was released disputing the initial story. From CNN’s Jake Tapper to Dilbert cartoonist Scott Adams, many on the internet are sharing a fuller explanation of the initial viral story.

Others, however, are very subtly just using the ‘delete’ button.

Recode editor and New York Times contributing op-ed writer Kara Swisher, for instance, deleted one tweet saying she was thinking of “finding every one of these shitty kids and giving them a very large piece of my mind,” and other tweets throwing slurs like “Nazi” and “nationalist.”

Sinclair chief political correspondent Scott Thurman deleted a tweet alleging students in MAGA hats were “mocking” and “taunting” a Native American in front of the Lincoln Memorial in D.C., asking in a new tweet if the new video changed minds about the kids.

Anti-Trump activist Ed Krassenstein deleted a neutral tweet contemplating the intentions of Nick Sandmann, the young MAGA student accused of smirking at a Native American. His brother, Brian Krassenstein, deleted a tweet calling the students “bigoted.”

CNN’s Bakari Sellers deleted a tweet suggesting the kids should be “punched in the face.”

Hollywood’s Patton Oswalt deleted a tweet linking to a critical thread that didn’t go so far as doxx the teens but identified alleged culture problems at the school. Oswalt did leave up subsequent retweets maintaining his opinion that they were at fault.

CNN’s Ana Navarro deleted a tweet calling out the “Asswipe” parents of the students for teaching them “bigotry” and “racism.” She tweeted an additional post with the full, unedited video of the teens, maintaining her support for Native American vet Nathan Phillips.

“Among those who watched it, some hear ‘Yanni’, others hear, ‘Laurel’,” she tweeted. “Watch & make-up your own mind.”

https://www.mediaite.com/online/journalists-and-celebs-rush-to-delete-tweets-slamming-maga-hat-kids/

Last edited:
I think treating the young man as a public figure would be absurdly unjust, given that it is only the Post's obviously erroneous reporting related to him that made him well known.

I agree it would be a long shot. Just figured the Post could try and argue that he inserted himself into the controversy when he went to a well known public protest site. Unlikely, but again the protections are rather broad.

Why can't you just be bipartisan for once? What made you so bitter and petty?

It must be odd for you, seeing other people laugh at nonsense, only for you to look for a bias. It's also funny to hear you guys project this "Who hurt you?" stuff. LOL

Someone named black confederate telling me about being petty and partisan.

they did though. You don’t agree? They took an old Indians word for It, and asked none questions. The liberal national media outright called the kid a racist POS for about 3 days before they finally got wind of the longer video. Then they Didn’t really apologize or anything. They just dropped it.

Would you mind explaining why you don’t think that’s a problem? Kid got super super lucky for that extra video. Or his life was over.

I think you're making a load of presumptions that were not at all supported by the judge who threw the Philips case out immediately.........

It must be odd for you, seeing other people laugh at nonsense, only for you to look for a bias. It's also funny to hear you guys project this "Who hurt you?" stuff. LOL

Someone named black confederate telling me about being petty and partisan.
You're overly defensive man.

I'm trying to get you to see that maybe you should just let this one go, it's a lost cause and you're defending the MSM over this? Like man, idk if you're disingenuous or not but pick your battles my dude, you lost this one.

Yes black confederate can mean many different things. I picked it to shock a little and make people think. Long time lurker and if it's offensive i can change it np.

Edit: oh and i said nothing about "who hurt you", not sure if you're projecting or if there is something real there where you actually are hurting but you're definitely overly angry and defensive.

You're overly defensive man.

I'm trying to get you to see that maybe you should just let this one go, it's a lost cause and you're defending the MSM over this? Like man, idk if you're disingenuous or not but pick your battles my dude, you lost this one.

Yes black confederate can mean many different things. I picked it to shock a little and make people think. Long time lurker and if it's offensive i can change it np.

Edit: oh and i said nothing about "who hurt you", not sure if you're projecting or if there is something real there where you actually are hurting but you're definitely overly angry and defensive.

I need to let it go? You're the guys whinging about libel and the msm being some evil entity hell bent on ruining the fucking idiot.

It won't go anywhere, just like the Philips case. Is that not letting it go?

Of all the dumb posts in the WR this year I nominate this as the dumbest. Congratulations!

Whether you come at this as a freedom of the press, or holding media accountable issue this is a pretty big deal.
No, I'm talking about a child wearing a hat and smiling....why was THAT an issue in the first place is what I didn't understand. This lawsuit is something I just don't care about either way....if the Washington Post wins or loses.

You have claimed to be both from Britain and Canada, along with claiming you have dual citizenship in the USA. You're a liar, and a whore at that, as is clear by your postings.

LOL at the sheer projection of that last sentence. Seriously, good comedy there. What people do I want to suffer, precisely?

I was born in the US, then lived in the UK. Both my parents were born in the UK. Thus, I have dual UK/US citizenship.

Now I live in Canada where I have permanent resident status.

We moved a lot because my dad worked for IBM.

It's not my fault you're a dunce that has never left his home town.

Back