Judd Reid's 100 man Kumite documentary now on Youtube

Tayski

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
It's a documentary featuring Kyokushin Karateka Judd Reid from Australia (one of Mas Oyama's ushi deshi / live in students), as he prepares and fights a 100 man Kumite.

This used to be only available on DVD and via a pay per view site, and was now made available for free.

Trailer:

Full documentary:

Wonderful, thank you!

I remember seeing the trailer years ago when it was in the making. That's a beastly dude right there. Kyokushin guys are tough as nails.

This is good stuff and why Im a fan of kyokushin karate.

vid deserves a bump!

Anyone here with actual kyokushin experience?
Even Judd it looks like primarily just stands and punches with little regard for defensive techniques.(understandable after multiple fight)

So I’m just curious what kind of focus on uke techniques and footwork the style has in kata and general training.

I sent Judd Reid a Facebook message saying how I enjoyed watching his documentary and how it was very motivating. I was so honor that he replied saying thank you. :)

Anyone here with actual kyokushin experience?
Even Judd it looks like primarily just stands and punches with little regard for defensive techniques.(understandable after multiple fight)

So I’m just curious what kind of focus on uke techniques and footwork the style has in kata and general training.

Actually from the little footage they gave us from the fights I saw he dominated them by using lateral movement and of course his size, strength and conditioning. Size and strength played a huge role in the first fights. He was tanking them and with some smart lateral movement doing some nice stuff.

Actually from the little footage they gave us from the fights I saw he dominated them by using lateral movement and of course his size, strength and conditioning. Size and strength played a huge role in the first fights. He was tanking them and with some smart lateral movement doing some nice stuff.
i mean he circled a bit, and not what I would expect from a third or fourth degree black belt (at the time)

i mean he circled a bit, and not what I would expect from a third or fourth degree black belt (at the time)
Well I have seen once a Serbian karate club belt grading and they had one fight between black belts and this is exactly how it looked like. Two guys punching each other on the body and the bigger guy landing the stronger shots on the ribs won by KO. There were some kicks thrown but nothing really significant and they were just tanking their shots.

Back