Juan Manuel Marquez training.

GordoBarraBJJ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
This was before his fight with Manny.

He was training hard.

hopefully this has not been posted.

i liked the emphasis on fast feet and medicine ball work.

Such as shame that the hbo crew helped fuel the PeD rumours during the telecast.

hopefully more boxers will be willing to try s & c - if done proper can really benefit. As we saw with marquez.

hopefully more boxers will be willing to try s & c - if done proper can really benefit. As we saw with marquez.

Depends what you consider s&c

Also id consider Marquez the first successful Mexican boxer to do full blown s&c

Depends what you consider s&c

Also id consider Marquez the first successful Mexican boxer to do full blown s&c

Well more sprints, medicine ball work, light weights, speed hurdles, ladder drills, balance and proprioception work.

He should train with Victor Ortiz. Is all I have to say about the war in Vee-it-nam.

Didnt marquez look heavy in the legs in this fight? He looked slower than normal but came through with a hail Mary punch that he had bee praticing in the gym.

Such as shame that the hbo crew helped fuel the PeD rumours during the telecast.

What would you prefer, the UFC commentatora who talk about a "lay off" or "time out" when guys like Sherk and Bonnar come back from bans?

Working with the doctors he's associating with its worth discussing.

that's peds imo. at 39 to put on so much muscle when you have trained all of your life.

I'd have let him off with it if it wasn't for the fact he hired angel heredia to help him put on the size. Why hire a man who is a convicted steroid pharmacist to be your s and c coach?

people will say things

Didnt marquez look heavy in the legs in this fight? He looked slower than normal but came through with a hail Mary punch that he had bee praticing in the gym.

Nothing wrong with having more mass in the lower torso. More leverage, hence harder punches. And it wasn't a hail mary punch, either.

What would you prefer, the UFC commentatora who talk about a "lay off" or "time out" when guys like Sherk and Bonnar come back from bans?

not really...but it's obvious you're a pac man so you see nothing wrong with bias commentating.

I watched this fight a second time and I still think the effects of the conditioning were nil, people are forgetting outside of a few punches he was losing just about every minute of every round. Where was the evidence of his improvement in those minutes? And for those of you who might say it increased his power, I reiterate what I've always said, did steroids and weights turn Vinny Paz into a monster puncher? Holyfield? Roy Jones? All guys who went up in weight and lost power as a result and all guys who've either been strongly rumoured to roid or actually caught. Punching power cannot be improved by weights or roids. Marquez did indeed look slower, but after watching it a couple times, I'm convinced that Marquez had resigned himself to the fact that if he did not kayo Manny he would not win. How else do we explain his performance which was very different than the previous ones, he didn't throw as many punches and was very patient and calculating with the few he did throw putting everything into them. I repeat, losing almost every round and losing momentum in the fight does not support the claim that steroids helped him. He fought with a risky strategy which placed emphasis on quality over quantity, and it worked.

I watched this fight a second time and I still think the effects of the conditioning were nil, people are forgetting outside of a few punches he was losing just about every minute of every round. Where was the evidence of his improvement in those minutes? And for those of you who might say it increased his power, I reiterate what I've always said, did steroids and weights turn Vinny Paz into a monster puncher? Holyfield? Roy Jones? All guys who went up in weight and lost power as a result and all guys who've either been strongly rumoured to roid or actually caught. Punching power cannot be improved by weights or roids. Marquez did indeed look slower, but after watching it a couple times, I'm convinced that Marquez had resigned himself to the fact that if he did not kayo Manny he would not win. How else do we explain his performance which was very different than the previous ones, he didn't throw as many punches and was very patient and calculating with the few he did throw putting everything into them. I repeat, losing almost every round and losing momentum in the fight does not support the claim that steroids helped him. He fought with a risky strategy which placed emphasis on quality over quantity, and it worked.

This.

I couldn't agree more. Most celebrities know the perceptions that their associations create. Once could only imagine that it was a calculated decision.

Back