Juan Funez on sparring with Nate Diaz

Redeemer

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score

Nice contrast, you got Conor obviously sparring MW fighters, and Nate sparring FW dudes...really puts things in perspective.

Juan Funez height is : 178cm

Conor height is : 175cm

I think its nice guy to get to your preperations to fight. And Juan can hit you hard.

This guy trains with Robert Garcia. He's good. I thought i read in some page that he used to spar Vasyl Lomachenko. Damn

Damn. Conor wishes he could hit as hard as that.

I think Conor is getting knocked out in the first.

Nice contrast, you got Conor obviously sparring MW fighters, and Nate sparring FW dudes...really puts things in perspective.

They're each sparring someone that reflects the size of their opponent, ya goof.

that's the last time anyone spars in that gym talking about Nate getting rocked to the body before a giant fight where he bans cameras and photos in training the youtuber was allowed to be around Nate but he done fucked up not editing this shit out. just shut your mouth and eat the free food ho!

Last edited:
Conor is sparring with bigger guys, nate is sparring with better guys.

Feels like conor is kinda stuck in the same position that tito was in back when he was ufc lhw champ. He ran his mouth alot, pissed off most of the fighters, then he was limited on who would be willing to train with him.

Seems like conor is in that same position. He is basically training with a bunch of no name fighters who are nowhere near his level. Hard to get better as a fighter when you are the dominant one every camp.

That asshole in the back just fucking revealed Diaz got rocked with body shots.

Did you see Juan cracking the bag? I think anyone would feel those shots.

Also he said him a Nate went 6 rounds which is damn impressive to go that long while getting hit with body shots like that.

Meh. These are useless. Both fighters' sparring partners always say they're certain the fighter they spar with will win.

Did you see Juan cracking the bag? I think anyone would feel those shots.

Also he said him a Nate went 6 rounds which is damn impressive to go that long while getting hit with body shots like that.
I was more thinking along the lines of it's a disadvantage for Nate for the guy to have said that, as i indicates that Nate's ribs or organs might still be tender from the work. Now Conor knows that there could be more benefit to attacking the body.

Really bad form to reveal that, guys got a fat mouth
For sure.

The way Funez was talking, he made it sound like Nate was too big for him.. And that he was able to "hang in there".

Sounds like Diaz got the better of him sparing. Not that sparring matters, just further emphasizing that guy being a dick for saying that

Conor had success to the body so he should throw some in the second fight anyways but if you blurt out what goes down in your gym like that then absolutely no one should prepare for a fight in that gym. what a fucking useless piece of shit.

Yeah seriously. You could tell Juan wanted no part of saying that. Code between fighters, don't talk about sparring sessions like that, and this douche back there running his mouth.

Back