Juan Diaz / Michael Katsidis in the works for Sept. on HBO

JMart

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Heard on the radio here in Houston in the middle of last week that discussions are moving forward between both fighters. The tentative date is September 6th on HBO and the venue would be Reliant Arena here in Houston.

Also heard from the same radio station that Hector Camacho will apparently be training with Angelo Dundee for a fight here in Houston later this summer.

One fight I'm kinda' thrilled about, the other not so much.

That fight would be insanely good

War, hu-ah, what is it good for?

Ratings.

praise.jpg

The fight hype and promotion has lost some of it's luster, but gawd damn... This fight is going to be fucking insane. I am just glad it is happening.

Yeah, this is going to be insane. I'm thinkin Kats in this one if his face holds up.

Tough call. Katsidis has power and Juan Diaz has the chin. Amazing workrates for both. Neither is going anywhere. It's going to be fucking crazy. I SAY FIGHT OF THE YEAR!!!

*I got to go with Diaz. I say in the long run, Juan Diaz is better working in the trenches. I say Diaz wears Katsidis down and possibly TKO him late or get the Decision.

I didn't like the way Diaz reacted when roughed up against Nate. He kind of broke, mentally. Kats is a rough customer and might take Diaz to that level again. Cool fight.

If Campbell can rough up Diaz and break him down, Kats is gonna fuck him up. I'm pulling for Katsidis.

Diaz all day.

Campbell confused Diaz as much as anything else. With Katsidis you know exactly what you're going to get.

Either way.... awesome fight, and I truly hope it comes through.

I had heard that GBP would promote the Diaz/Katsidis fight, for what it's worth.

But why isn't anyone talking about the big COMEBACK by Camacho at 46 years old? :D

Im taking Mike in this one, I hope he fucks Diaz up so badly his mother wont recognise him!!!

War Katsidis

Dan Rafael:

The Juan Diaz-Michael Katsidis lightweight fight scheduled for Sept. 6 in Diaz's hometown of Houston on HBO's "Boxing After Dark," is on shaky ground from what Sampson Lewkowicz, who is involved with Katsidis and Caballero, told me. It may still come together, but there are issues. Money, of course, is a factor. Let's hope they work it out, because it is a sensational fight on paper.

Mike Marley:

Boxingconfidential.com has learned that Australian tough guy Michael

if it happens, I am picking diaz. Katsidis swings to wide and diaz's compact punches and speed will exploit that.

As a Diaz fan...my worries with fight are simple.

Kat is the bigger guy who hits harder with a very similar style.

Hector Camacho? Sr? or Jr?

Back