Ju-JIstu with Eddie bravo--review

Just got it, but I will be sure to drill every technique in there. Seems a keeper for sure, a steal for the price.

I really enjoyed this book. I have only one (small) reservation about it: it would have been nice if the authors could have identified the moves that require lots of flexibility, because I'm sure some young kid is going to crank his knee trying some of that stuff.

That being said there is still a ton of great material for people who aren't very flexible, and I highly recommend this book

Stephan Kesting
www.grapplearts.com

Goddammit why the hell is Amazon taking so long to ship mine, looks like I'm not gonna get it till the middle of October now.

does anyone here have a link or anything or a book on how to get really flexible. im decently flexible but im looking into how to push it to the max

Thanks for the reviews guys. I'm going to go pick up a copy soon.

Stephan Kesting said:
I really enjoyed this book. I have only one (small) reservation about it: it would have been nice if the authors could have identified the moves that require lots of flexibility, because I'm sure some young kid is going to crank his knee trying some of that stuff.

That being said there is still a ton of great material for people who aren't very flexible, and I highly recommend this book

Stephan Kesting
www.grapplearts.com

I do agree with that Stephan. I have been the victim of Eddie's Loco Plata personally, and believe me, it works. But trying to learn that technique is going to take a bit more than reading a book...

Tried out some of the stuff from half guard today at practice. Mainly the Old School sweep, which i did not know. I got it a few times on my opponent, until he started basing up. I tried for Plan B, which is the next sweep, but doing it like the example in the book, i dont think i was trapping his right arm correctly as he kept posting. Should i just trap it with an overhook? It doesnt really show how in the book. I also tried some rubber guard stuff, makes me realize that i need to work on breaking my opponent down in my guard. I have a hard time mainting head and arm control, and he keeps posturing up.

All in all good stuff. I am looking foward to adding it to my game.

anton

it is worth the money.

I have also been to two of his seminars in chicago. the book covers some of the stuff he went over. he wrote the book over a year ago, and has more techs then are in the book.

this book looked pretty good when i glanced at it, i find it funny that he is demonstrating the techniques on joe rogan in most of the photos.

Love Eddie Bravo..IMO he's definitly an innovator as far as BJJ goes..doesnt just perfect the normal BJJ moves/sweep techniques/submissions but creates his own..The twister..come on..crazy shit!! War Bravo!

I just bought the book yesterday and I was already using the half guard sweeps in class last night. I think it is a great book so far, especially if you are training for no-gi or mma.

I just got this book. So far I've only read the introduction and Chapter 1 but have skimmed through many of the moves. It is very well written. The moves are explained very well and you really get a sense of how Eddie's system works.

Back