Ju-JIstu with Eddie bravo--review

minimagpro

Purple Belt
@purple
Reaction score
ok I just purchased the new Eddie bravo book and here is my review. I dont know where this thread should be so I figured grappling and not Equipment.

**COVER**

First thoughts on picking up the book was that it looked well made. The pages werent colored but that doesnt matter to me.

**INTRO**

Had a really nice introduction about Eddies life. How he came up through the Ju-Jistu world and then it goes into a detailed bit about abu dabi 2003 where he submitted Royler Gracie as a Brown Belt

**TECHNIQUES**

He has some really good stuff about his half guard, x-guard and several cool sweeps ive never seen before. Then it moves into a huge section about the rubber guard and butterfly guard with some cool submissions and sweeps. THen it goes into his infamous twister sidecontrol and twister submissions. THere were also many transitions from the twister to about 5-6 other techniques..

I havent had a chance to study the book into great detail yet but so far it is great. Lots of new stuff

8/10

Is it worth the money in your opinion?

Yeah, I bought it too. I do prefer many of the Gracie-written books on the subject, but yes. Well worth the money.

I got it for cheap on amazon. The stuff that he teaches is incredible.

How about a link . and what did you guys pay ?

YEah, it was like 11 bucks on amazon. The book is fair, the pictures not being in color is a bummer. And some of em need better angles, but otherwise it was worth it. The main thing it did for me was to get me to join 10th planet...

I can tell you that I received mine a week or so ago, read it, drilled the slow triangle set-up from the monkey mount and then caught a guy in class with it just days later. Good stuff.

Got my copy yesterday. I think its a really good. Alot of that half guard stuff i had never seen before. I like how he talks about how he got into juijitsu, his match with Royler, etc. Well worth the money.

I have a guy at my club that has trained with Eddie Bravo, and he's got some smooth techniques :)

I will purchase this book tomorrow. I need to improve my half guard game anyway.

Janeiro said:
ive been catching people in twisters now =D

The nice thing with Eddie Bravos twchniques is that most "normal" grapplers don't see them coming, and hence doesn't defend properly against them :)

The cover is terrible and Joe Rogan's introduction is ridiculous.

sakufan:
Was that all the pissing and moaning you could come up with? Then I'll definitely buy it.

sakufan said:

shut the fuck up. Joe rogan will destroy you in grappling, and makes more money than you ever will. /thread.

cool, thanks for the review I will have to check this out.

Janeiro said:
shut the fuck up. Joe rogan will destroy you in grappling, and makes more money than you ever will. /thread.

There's no need to get all riled up. The cover design is terrible. That's my opinion. Notice I didn't say a word about the techniques because I believe Eddie is a capable grappler and teacher. Just my 2 cents. BTW, why get all sensitive about Rogan? He your boyfriend or something? The guy can't write. S'all.

Back