JR is good but overrated on commentary

Hes been past his prime for a long time but he was really good in Mid South, the UWF, Jim Crockett Promotions, WCW and the WWF
People say he was the greatest of all time because he was the voice of their childhood and the voice of the Attitude Era
I dont agree that hes #1 all time but his resume definitely proves that he belongs in the conversation

He's been working with cancer for a year.

Prime Jerry Lawler when we was allowed to say whatever. Now he cant even say ramen noodle moonsault.

He's been working with cancer for a year.
I don't count aew cuz he is flat out awful with zero enthusiasm. Go back the past 2 decades and find something great. Good luck.

I don't count aew cuz he is flat out awful with zero enthusiasm. Go back the past 2 decades and find something great. Good luck.
His skittle plugs are stuff of legend....you wrong.

Hes been past his prime for a long time but he was really good in Mid South, the UWF, Jim Crockett Promotions, WCW and the WWF
People say he was the greatest of all time because he was the voice of their childhood and the voice of the Attitude Era
I dont agree that hes #1 all time but his resume definitely proves that he belongs in the conversation
Yeah, you've got guys like Gordon Solie, Lee Marshall, Lance Russell, Bobby Heenan, Jesse Ventura, Gorilla Monsoon, etc, and Jim Ross absolutely belongs in there with them.

He was great in his prime but he's too old now and obviously not very enthusiastic about AEW's product for the most part (can't blame him there).

Tony should utilize him in more of an executive producer role - someone who will be Tony's right hand man and tell him when his booking stinks. A filter to get rid of a lot of the awful shit they do so they can truly become the #1 promotion going forward.

He was great in his prime but he's too old now and obviously not very enthusiastic about AEW's product for the most part (can't blame him there).

Tony should utilize him in more of an executive producer role - someone who will be Tony's right hand man and tell him when his booking stinks. A filter to get rid of a lot of the awful shit they do so they can truly become the #1 promotion going forward.
AEW will never be #1

JR gave up a long time ago and is just cashing checks. Can't fault him for making a living.

I was mad at him for years because he replaced the Monsoon and Heenan partnership, and those 2 were the best together, just hilarious, and their timing was excellent. Heenan could have easily been a professional comedian, he was pure gold and his comedic timing was the best I have ever heard in pro wrestling... Monsoon played the act so well with him. But I started to like Ross more after 1997, he really came into his own then and improved a lot as well, I've not watched since 2006 so I can't say how he is these days

AEW will never be #1

I didn't think so either but they have two things going for them, 1) more money than WWE and 2) the fact that Vince McMahon will probably die within the next few years, throwing the WWE into even more turmoil.

It's like WCW came back but only this time they have more money to spend and Ted Turner is actually running the show and can't be overruled by company executives. And where the WCW had to compete with prime Vince McMahon, Tony Khan is competing with a washed up Vince.

I didn't think so either but they have two things going for them, 1) more money than WWE and 2) the fact that Vince McMahon will probably die within the next few years, throwing the WWE into even more turmoil.

It's like WCW came back but only this time they have more money to spend and Ted Turner is actually running the show and can't be overruled by company executives. And where the WCW had to compete with prime Vince McMahon, Tony Khan is competing with a washed up Vince.
Tony Khan's DAD....not Tony, may have more money than the WWE, but so far, the WWE is the one who is making more money, spending less and still making deals with major partners, while AEW's TV deal is worth ONE blood money Saudi show.

Subjective taste in quality of TV shows, and whatever convoluted metric people are stretch armstronging themselves to believe....the one and only thing that matters is, the washed up old man, is the one who is making more money than the new goldenboy.

We'll maybe find out if there is a real competition when AEW is up for renewal.

So far the only announcer I found unbeatable was the guy that was on the nxt war games, Mauro whatever. I say that knowing that he may cry at being critiqued and send frank shamrock after me.

So far the only announcer I found unbeatable was the guy that was on the nxt war games, Mauro whatever. I say that knowing that he may cry at being critiqued and send frank shamrock after me.
He used to do Pride FC as well. I quite liked him from the knowledge he brought tbh. Same reason I like Excalibur

Tony Khan's DAD....not Tony, may have more money than the WWE, but so far, the WWE is the one who is making more money, spending less and still making deals with major partners, while AEW's TV deal is worth ONE blood money Saudi show.

Subjective taste in quality of TV shows, and whatever convoluted metric people are stretch armstronging themselves to believe....the one and only thing that matters is, the washed up old man, is the one who is making more money than the new goldenboy.

We'll maybe find out if there is a real competition when AEW is up for renewal.

As long as he has access to that money whenever he wants, it's still money available to AEW.

Of course WWE is still #1, they have a 40 year head start or whatever it is in building that brand. But that was built and maintained by Vince and there's no guarantee that his family or other executives can continue to run it, or would even want to run it. Maybe they sell when Vince dies.

Either way you have to look at momentum. I'm one of AEW's biggest detractors here but even I have to admit Khan is making very strong moves. If he can bring someone in to book properly and handle creative, and put the right people in the right places, for sure AEW could become the #1 pro wrestling company in the future.

Back