Joslin Grappling Open, Hamilton, ON

B

Bmonk**

Is anyone here entering the tournament in November?

If so, have you entered it before, and how was it?

I'm planning to fight in the Intermediate (1-3 years experience) Gi and No gi divisions at 155.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

http://www.joslinskarate.com/home.html

Hey, I'm entering this too (in the beginner div., probably at 155 too) and need some info. I've looked on their site and can't find shit.

Whoops, just checked the link you gave. Lots to look at there. Anyways, it would be good to hear from others who've entered.

Bmonk said:
Is anyone here entering the tournament in November?

If so, have you entered it before, and how was it?

I'm planning to fight in the Intermediate (1-3 years experience) Gi and No gi divisions at 155.

Any info would be helpful, thanks.

http://www.joslinskarate.com/home.html

Is there no more beginner?
it was brginner 1 year.
intermediate-2-4
advanced-4+

Q mystic said:
Is there no more beginner?
it was brginner 1 year.
intermediate-2-4
advanced-4+

Yep, still beginner. The site says beginner is 0-1, intermediate is 1-3, and advanced is 3+. You've been in it before? What was it like?

JohnnyBuddha said:
Yep, still beginner. The site says beginner is 0-1, intermediate is 1-3, and advanced is 3+. You've been in it before? What was it like?

Not bad. Better now tho. When I fought there was only 7 in my cat.

It was intermediate cause I didn't know much about bjj rules and hadnt trained in years.:icon_lol:

The tournament is huge, and its frustrating if you're not doing both gi and no-gi, because the no-gi doesn't start until very late in the day. Very good competition, with lots of competitors at the begginer level especially.
Watch for me at the 170 intermediate or advanced no-gi, I'll have to wait and see what Jeff says.
I might even go gi as well. we'll see.

rory_44 said:
The tournament is huge, and its frustrating if you're not doing both gi and no-gi, because the no-gi doesn't start until very late in the day. Very good competition, with lots of competitors at the begginer level especially.
Watch for me at the 170 intermediate or advanced no-gi, I'll have to wait and see what Jeff says.
I might even go gi as well. we'll see.

A guy from Tompkins was there early with the team and was supposed to fight around 1. At 6 I asked how he did and he hadn't fought yet.:icon_lol: Lightweight nogi.

Back