Joshua v Usyk is up next(kind of)...

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
So it seems that these guys are on a course to fight each other if they can win thier next fights.

I think Usyk really could do with fighting a few fights at HW, but if others are looking for other fights, then it seems logical.

I need to see Usyk in at hw before I can even begin to judge him. Will he have enough power to deter a modern day supersized hw? Clearly he’s gonna be one of the best boxers in the division, but how will he hold up to the power the likes of Wilder and Aj possess. I would think he needs at least three fights at the weight before he goes anywhere near Joshua.
I know Holyfield transitioned well, but he was one of the toughest motherfuckers going. Haye did ok, so I think Usyk can do well, but not near AJ just yet.

I need to see Usyk in at hw before I can even begin to judge him. Will he have enough power to deter a modern day supersized hw? Clearly he’s gonna be one of the best boxers in the division, but how will he hold up to the power the likes of Wilder and Aj possess. I would think he needs at least three fights at the weight before he goes anywhere near Joshua.
I know Holyfield transitioned well, but he was one of the toughest motherfuckers going. Haye did ok, so I think Usyk can do well, but not near AJ just yet.

I agree, but if everyone else is asking for stupid terms or is locked up with deals.....i think Usyk could be a real problem for Joshua if he can handle the bigger punches at HW

I agree, but if everyone else is asking for stupid terms or is locked up with deals.....i think Usyk could be a real problem for Joshua if he can handle the bigger punches at HW
I think he's too easy to hit. He'll be fine against guys like Brezeale or Chris Arreola but I suspect he get wrecked vs any of the top 3.

I think he's too easy to hit. He'll be fine against guys like Brezeale or Chris Arreola but I suspect he get wrecked vs any of the top 3.
i don't know if joshua has the speed to find him, though. guys who have landed on usyk have been pretty quick about it, and joshua doesn't really pack much speed. his punches seem like a train is hitting people, but not a particularly fast train.

i think usyk gives them all a boxing lesson for the most part, but i do agree that it's going to be difficult for him to not get hit by joshua or wilder for 12 rounds. and getting hit once by either of those two is enough.

i think usyk gives them all a boxing lesson for the most part, but i do agree that it's going to be difficult for him to not get hit by joshua or wilder for 12 rounds. and getting hit once by either of those two is enough.
How do you see it with Usyk vs Fury?

Here's what Eddie and AJ want. They're not on the same page when it comes to who is next (after AJ beats Miller that is). Keep in mind that Usyk only has a 3 fight co-promotional deal with Hearn/Matchroom and one of those fights has already happened (Bellew). That leaves Takam and then maybe AJ as the third and final fight in his contract if we're being optimistic.
While Eddie Hearn, who promotes Joshua and Usyk, sees their showdown as the most likely fall option, Joshua would prefer to face Wilder first and then make a defense against Usyk later on.

"I think it will be class if I can fight Wilder for the undisputed title and then I could fight Usyk because then that would be the undisputed heavyweight champion versus the undisputed cruiserweight champion at heavyweight. That would be unbelievable."
Anthony Joshua Prefers Wilder Fight First, Then Usyk Defense

How do you see it with Usyk vs Fury?
not sure. fury's reach could make it difficult for usyk, because tyson doesn't just throw bombs but actually touches people up with his jab. but then again, fury looks like a million bucks with his movement because he's fighting big, tumbling guys - and usyk is anything but that. the guy moves better than people several weight classes below him.

i find that one of the things that separates usyk and lomachenko from their contemporaries is their ability to keep hitting people even when they're using good head movement. guys will slip well, but still get hit with a combination. loma did it to rigo, usyk did it to bellew. i think it's all that hand-eye coordination drilling they do. people move their head and these guys just keep landing punches on them. so fury could be using his defensive movements like he always does, and i wouldn't be surprised one bit if usyk landed the third and fourth punch anyway.

fury might still be the safest fight for him out of the top 3. i don't think tyson can knock him out, and it would actually be a boxing match, which is where usyk excels. the size difference would be significant, and in fury's favor... difficult fight to predict. still, i like usyk's chances vs tyson, better than vs wilder or joshua.

I wonder if this would be a voluntary defence from Joshua or a WBO mandatory

I don't normally agree with you but whilst I don't think he's easy to hit (he has decent defence and is quite elusive) he does get hit now and then. Semantics you could argue. But I think AJ would land on him over the course of 12 rounds and I just don't see a fighter of Usyk's size being able to take shots from a full blown Super HW. Wilder I'd give him less of a shot as he managed to land on Fury so I got to think logically he can land on Usyk too. I think Usyk doesn't match up well against a fighter like Fury and Fury would beat him on points. Both are movers but Fury has quite a size and reach advantage so he'd be able to keep Usyk at bay.

He outboxes any heavyweight with Fury being the exception. Could he KO Fury? Unlikely.

Back