Joshua is offering Wilder a flat fee of $12.5M

Wilder wanted 50/50 and in the USA , Wilder fans say you don’t open negotiations on your bottom dollar.

So why are we expecting Hearn to open at his highest, swear to fuck some of you were born yesterday.

Wilder’s terms dropped from 50/50 in the USA to 60/40 in the UK in a heartbeat are we really expecting Hearn to not try and knock him down a bit more.

Parker ended up with far more than the initial offer so calm your collective tits and wait and see, some Wilder fans thought Hearn wouldn’t even make an offer and flat out duck.

This is a non-serious opening offer. Like Oscar made about a year before he finally let a roided up Canelo in the ring with GGG. Incidentally Wilder is about the same age as GGG was at the time of that offer. Lets hope Hearns plan isn't to start non-serious negotiations as a cover for waiting till Wilder gets a little older.

he also knows that more likely than not the fights not going to go to the cards and thats why he has no problem going to the UK.
I think Im going to put $50 on a decision when they fight just for shits and giggles. The odds on that will probably be crazy.

This is a non-serious opening offer. Like Oscar made about a year before he finally let a roided up Canelo in the ring with GGG. Incidentally Wilder is about the same age as GGG was at the time of that offer. Lets hope Hearns plan isn't to start non-serious negotiations as a cover for waiting till Wilder gets a little older.

I don’t think it is serious, he knows they won’t accept it, did Parker accept the first low offer.

It’s a clever offer if true though, he can go full smug mode telling casuals Wilder turned down 10 million more than he earned last fight and they eat it up.

It’s Hearn being Hearn, it’ll prob land some where in between 35-40 imo.

Wilder has no one to fight but Joshua has lots of options? That makes no sense at all lol.

Not sure why some of you are finding this difficult to grasp?

Joshua - Whyte rematch, Povetkin, all while waiting for Fury mega fight.

Wilder - Breazele ..........??.........??

No belts, no big money ....... back to making £1.5m per fight for the supposed best HW in the world is effin poor, before you say "He could fight those opponents as well" same as Parker, Joshua could steal all of them because they'd all rather fight him.

Joshua has the options I mentioned all while making big money and holding every belt in the division bar one.

You guys would be poor managers and a reflection of the exact reason why Wilder is in a crap situation right now.

The latest ................

"Hearn insisted if Wilder’s team was to reject the latest offer, then Joshua would move on to finalising a deal to face WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin."

Told you, game, set and match.

You lot are wasting time on "being entitled" when greatness is one signature away as well as the big pay days that Wilder could command with it.

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/11/deont...s-8-8million-fight-offer-7457668/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

LOL.

Eddie Hearn putting his foot on Wilders throat and you know what ....... everything he's saying is true.
Wilder has been mismanaged and he wants to go from £1.5m to £20m or whatever when all he's offering is a genuine threat to take all the titles Joshua has worked hard to get while he's sat on his arse in the US.

If he wants that glory he should just take the gut punch, win the titles then make the dough in the rematch.

‘We’re the A-side of this matchup,’ Hearn told the Ring Magazine. ‘A 60-40 split is so disproportionate in terms of the relative values of both fighters. Our offer is five times what Deontay Wilder has made for any fight. Everything he gets in this fight is because of Anthony. If they don’t want it, we’ll fight our mandatory. ‘If they don’t accept it, the fight’s not dead. It just means we’re going to fight Alexander Povetkin next, and we’ll talk again in December, or February or March of next year.’

Read more: http://metro.co.uk/2018/04/11/deont...s-8-8million-fight-offer-7457668/?ito=cbshare

Twitter: https://twitter.com/MetroUK | Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/MetroUK/

As others have said, I don't think Hearn wants his cash cow anywhere near Wilder, hence this offer - would be great if Wilder called his bluff and just went for it.

EDIT: and lets not forget - USD 12m is still a fuckton of money.

Just everyone calm the fuck down and wait...it will get signed and all of this stupid shit will be a thing of the past, its called negotiation tactics and happens in every big fight

12.5 million seems like a legit offer. I dunno what's to sniff at with that..

As others have said, I don't think Hearn wants his cash cow anywhere near Wilder, hence this offer - would be great if Wilder called his bluff and just went for it.

EDIT: and lets not forget - USD 12m is still a fuckton of money.

I don’t buy that at all. Otherwise hearn would never have put Joshua in with wlad, a more dangerous fight imo. As with any negotiations, this is a starting point but wilder will not get parity. and hearn knows Joshua has plenty of options, and he’s the guy they all want to fight. I think they are calling wilders bluff

Im not saying deontay isnt worth more for that fight but put it like this. If you're Deontay and you've been earning 2.5 million is it worth not fighting for 12.5 and the other guy holding most of the cards if you dont fight. Tgeres not much left for Deontay. Theres a lot more opportunities for AJ. That being said we all want to see the fight next.

Not sure why some of you are finding this difficult to grasp?

Joshua - Whyte rematch, Povetkin, all while waiting for Fury mega fight.

Wilder - Breazele ..........??.........??

No belts, no big money ....... back to making £1.5m per fight for the supposed best HW in the world is effin poor, before you say "He could fight those opponents as well" same as Parker, Joshua could steal all of them because they'd all rather fight him.

Joshua has the options I mentioned all while making big money and holding every belt in the division bar one.

You guys would be poor managers and a reflection of the exact reason why Wilder is in a crap situation right now.

The latest ................

"Hearn insisted if Wilder’s team was to reject the latest offer, then Joshua would move on to finalising a deal to face WBA mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin."

Told you, game, set and match.

You lot are wasting time on "being entitled" when greatness is one signature away as well as the big pay days that Wilder could command with it.

Wilder can fight all of them too.....Not sure why you think only AJ can fight them lol.

Same money guaranteed to Parker, bit cheeky, Wilder will end up with 18-20.

Wilder can fight all of them too.....Not sure why you think only AJ can fight them lol.

He can but for a combined total that's less than the amount he's just been offered to fight Joshua so he can fight whoever he likes for the next 2 years and get $12.5m or he can man up and fight Joshua.

If Wilder and his lot can come up with a purse bid that's better then there's nothing stopping him from doing it but all the money is with AJ so he can't.

If Wilder wants the fight and he'll get more money than he's ever got then why wouldn't he take it? If it's about disrespect because the offer is less than he feels he's worth then take that out on Joshua in the ring or make a fight with someone else where he's earning more and keep with the 'Joshua is scared' line.

Wilder could/should have been fighting Klitschko at about the time Joshua was turning pro (4-5 years from Olympic medal to pro world title is fairly common) but he preferred to fight 'top' guys like Fraudley instead. Wilder should be the one with 3 belts and not Joshua, he is 4 years older and has been a pro for 4 years longer after all so he's paying for his piss poor career management.

I cant believe people cant call this for what it is lol. Its a shitty offer. Admitting it doesnt mean you cant still be a fanboy of AJ.

Same as Wilder saying 50%. Shitty offer.

Lmao trying to price him out...just fucking fight the guy

Hearn wants no part of Wilder fighting his cash cow and I don't blame him.

Hopefully negotiations work out and we get this fight before the end of the year or early next year.

i get what you're all saying and wilder should get a higher percentage...

but the other part of me is thinking god damn, 12M! i mean that's the kind of money you can retire off immediately, and he's still a relatively young guy who will be knocking fools out after this fight, no matter how it goes.

again, i get that he's being lowballed here. it's bullshit. but if someone offered me 12M i wouldn't actually bitch about it.

i get what you're all saying and wilder should get a higher percentage...

but the other part of me is thinking god damn, 12M! i mean that's the kind of money you can retire off immediately, and he's still a relatively young guy who will be knocking fools out after this fight, no matter how it goes.

again, i get that he's being lowballed here. it's bullshit. but if someone offered me 12M i wouldn't actually bitch about it.

Our own perspective is so different though. I would gladly fight Joshua for 100 grand but that's me. Wilder is a millionaire. He should get at least 20 million for this fight. Sure 12 mil sounds like a lot but it's fucking half what he should get on the low end. There is no reason at all to even consider such a shit offer. He's undefeated, has twice as many fights as his opponent, has a legit belt and he should take 12 mil while his opponent gets around 80 million? He would have to be a complete idiot to take that shit.

Every single day that goes by Wilder gets more famous because of the possibility of this fight happening and fans wonder more and more why Joshua isn't fighting him. It's headlining most sports sites right now and Joshua being the way more famous guy means it benefits Wilder a lot more. He's getting exposure that you can't buy and Joshua is having to answer more and more questions about why it's not signed. GGG got famous because Canelo was the superstar dodging him. This is the exact same scenario.

Our own perspective is so different though. I would gladly fight Joshua for 100 grand but that's me. Wilder is a millionaire. He should get at least 20 million for this fight. Sure 12 mil sounds like a lot but it's fucking half what he should get on the low end. There is no reason at all to even consider such a shit offer. He's undefeated, has twice as many fights as his opponent, has a legit belt and he should take 12 mil while his opponent gets around 80 million? He would have to be a complete idiot to take that shit.

Every single day that goes by Wilder gets more famous because of the possibility of this fight happening and fans wonder more and more why Joshua isn't fighting him. It's headlining most sports sites right now and Joshua being the way more famous guy means it benefits Wilder a lot more. He's getting exposure that you can't buy and Joshua is having to answer more and more questions about why it's not signed. GGG got famous because Canelo was the superstar dodging him. This is the exact same scenario.
Why do you think a guy who earns 2.5 million a fight should get 20 million? Just becasue he's fighting Joshua? I agree he should be recompensated well. But still. Deontay made that bed. And now he's got to lie in it. Lol.

Man would have to be a compete idiot to take a purse 5 times higher than his usual?

Whoa..

Yea, entitlement.

LOL at people saying this is anything but a lowball offer. What a fucking joke offer. But that's how business works.

That being said, they can definitely work from here.
Ffs, get it done!

Back