Joshua being paid £66m for rematch

treelo

//Do something here
@red
Reaction score
I was surprised to read this today.

I will tell you now, Wilder and Joshua will never ever fight, Joshua makes way too much money and Wilder isnt interested in what he gets paid, only that of others.

Even if Joshua wins, he will price himself out of a fight like last time.

Even if Joshua wins,
The still I don't think that he is able to won at least both these with rematches too : Wilder&Usyk.

I can imagine what feeling he might have if thinking about 2 bouts with Wilder and 2 bouts with Usyk. :)

Where’s the source brother? That’s insane money

Some news sites are saying £46m, so may be some USD to GBP conversion mistakes or wrong news but still, crazy money.

With that kind of purse, no wonder they went for Saudi Arabia as the venue. Fans and atmosphere are great, but when you're gonna earn that money......

It's also due to the eye watering £25 Sky Box Office fee. But you know what, I'm gonna buy it, a lot of the public will buy it and the crazy pay days (maybe not for AJ) will continue.

I know this is related to the Saudi Arabia deal, but it still makes Eddie Hearn look like an utter douchebag for laughing at Wilder, because Wilder demanded a fairly realistic 7m for a fight against Whyte...

... This is also before Eddie signed the deal with DAZN, but he's still a douche for making that penis statement... 7m is really a small change compared to what AJ makes. I can see why Shelly Grinkel turned them down severel times.

Wilder just needs to stop being greedy and take the belts off whoever has them. Once you control the belts (and win the inevitable rematch) the world is quite literally your oyster.

Last edited:
Wilder just needs to stop being greedy and take the belts off whoever has them. Once you control the belts (and win the inevitable rematch) the world is quite literally your oyster.
Lol someone from the wannabe US, the UK, shouldn't be talking about Wilder being greedy. Joshua and Fury are greed personified.

Lol someone from the wannabe US, the UK, shouldn't be talking about Wilder being greedy. Joshua and Fury are greed personified.
Yeah Wilder isn't greedy that's why he demanded to know how much Joshua would be making if he took the $100 million dollar deal from DAZN. Yeah that's not just greedy it's fucking stupid.

Lapping up that Saudi blood money

he makes more money than my idol

giphy.gif

Lapping up that Saudi blood money

Definitely. At least Fury with his WWE stint said he is a prizefighter, so going where they pay him, instead of AJ saying it's such a nice place, people are cool and the like.

Though AJ probably has no clue and was just parroting what he was told to say.

Definitely. At least Fury with his WWE stint said he is a prizefighter, so going where they pay him, instead of AJ saying it's such a nice place, people are cool and the like.

You could say that about fighting in America if you were of a certain political persuasion. Or are you saying that Wilder wouldn't fight in Saudi if he was offered 60 million? Actually Wilder would probably want to know how much the other guy was getting paid first before turning down his biggest ever payday. That's a man of principle right there!

I don’t expect boxers to take a moral stance on this (though would be impressed if one did), but that doesn’t mean they shouldn’t be called out on it.

I was surprised to read this today.

I will tell you now, Wilder and Joshua will never ever fight, Joshua makes way too much money and Wilder isnt interested in what he gets paid, only that of others.

Even if Joshua wins, he will price himself out of a fight like last time.

Where is your evidence that Wilder doesnt care what he makes, just what other make?

I know this is related to the Saudi Arabia deal, but it still makes Eddie Hearn look like an utter douchebag for laughing at Wilder, because Wilder demanded a fairly realistic 7m for a fight against Whyte...

... This is also before Eddie signed the deal with DAZN, but he's still a douche for making that penis statement... 7m is really a small change compared to what AJ makes. I can see why Shelly Grinkel turned them down severel times.

To be fair, while Wilder deserves it, even on PPV with a bigger revenue return, 7 million against Whyte probably loses money on a whole or breaks even at best. But it’s the long game that matters in that deal

Where is your evidence that Wilder doesnt care what he makes, just what other make?

I'm not going over old ground, if you dont know the backstory, then educate yourself

Back