News Josh Warrington Vacates His World Title

GoldenAzazel

GM of PWD. 2020, 2022 PWD Poster of the Year
Platinum Member
Reaction score

Apparently due to the IBF enforcing Kid Galahad as his mandatory, Warrington has elected to vacate his title to instead fight for the WBA Regular title against Can Xu.​

Apparently he wants either Xu or Russell Jr.
Russell Jr. seems like a much better move for his career. Would be weird for him to vacate his IBF to go after a WBA Regular title.

Russell Jr. seems like a much better move for his career. Would be weird for him to vacate his IBF to go after a WBA Regular title.
Russell is a PBC guy and it’s going to face Vargas another PBC guy. So it’s not going to happen.

Russell is a PBC guy and it’s going to face Vargas another PBC guy. So it’s not going to happen.
Don't see the point in him dropping the IBF then. Unless he really doesn't wanna face Galahad again

Don't see the point in him dropping the IBF then. Unless he really doesn't wanna face Galahad again
I think all fighters should drop the belts. Paying a sanctioning fee for a belt that nobody cares about anymore is dumb.

First fight was very close and very very dull, prob thinks it’s better to vacate than risk losing in a stinker.

Hints of ducking about the decision tbh.

Correct move by Warrington - Galahad a massive step backwards for him at this point. Sure it was close first time round, but those are the breaks.

I think all fighters should drop the belts. Paying a sanctioning fee for a belt that nobody cares about anymore is dumb.
I agree, but sadly, the fans take things out of context when discussing legacy.

lets take an extreme example.
Fighter X(unmarketable and unlikable with a shitty promoter) won WBA, vacated and won WBc, vacated and won IBF, vacated and won wbo.
Fighter Y (who's agent is much better at negotiation and his promoter loves him) is announced WBA champ just cause the previous guy relinquished and moved up, then beats the next fight against a guy who happened to hold the rest of the major belts(WBO, IBF, and WBC).

fast forward 18 years later, and argument on sherdog:
-Don't be silly, Y was the undisputed champ, there has only been like 5 of those in the past 3 decades. X was never that good, don't be a hipster.
- X won the same belts you fucking retard, and against the same fucking competition and did it much more dominantly. dumbass casual, don't compare an ATG to some bum with a padded record. You Ytards should stop gargling his nut sack.
-*reported for fighter bashing and inflammatory language against a fellow user*
-*gets yellow carded then cusses out mod*
--Mod bans

And that's the story of How I met Your Mother.

We should all be thankful for the IBF, who else would force us to watch canelo vs Yavne in a couple of months. Fight of the century we all been waiting for imho.
I think more guys should get titleshots for losing so we keep them motivated, espicially if it was in a fight ended due to head clash.

We should all trust the IBF to strip any fighter with rematch clause by stuffing their mandatory in there like in Fury/Wlad.

Thank you IBF.

Last edited:
people absolutely care if you have a belt. whether thats an imaginary lineal title or any of the alphabet, or if you're carrying around the ring. They pay more to watch a championship match

people absolutely care if you have a belt. whether thats an imaginary lineal title or any of the alphabet, or if you're carrying around the ring. They pay more to watch a championship match
The fighter's are the draw. The belts don't draw anything anymore because they have been whored out and devalued to the N'th degree.

Yeah i know what you mean but at the same time belts have lost meaning and continue to do so because there's just too many. I'd rather watch a guy with no belt fight any day of the week than have the mess we have a WW where no belt holders will fight each other.

I know that's not exactly what you were saying but with regular, super, interim and all the other stuff belts just annoy me sometimes.

The fighter's are the draw. The belts don't draw anything anymore because they have been whored out and devalued to the N'th degree.
and in divisions where people have never heard of a fighter the titles matter. A casual won't know who SSR or Estrada is without a belt

Back