Josh Thomson's thoughts on Nurmagomedov vs McGregor

Well to be fair Conor bragged about how he turned strikers into panic wrestlers. Diaz clocked him with a 1-2 a few times and had Conor panic wrestling and Conor gave his neck up as opposed to getting pounded out.

Yeah I'll give you that, it was impressive in that sense

You're a silver belt, I expect you can be more rational.

Diaz turned McGregor into a panic wrestler. If it wasn't a beatdown, I don't know which fight is.

McGregor turning into a panic wrestler after all he said is more of a humiliation for me rather than Diaz "destroying" Conor... There is no destruction in getting beat down for a round and then taking over in the 2nd round against a gassed opponent and finishing the fight with the most normal looking submission. Like I said stop exaggerating what happened.

You are asking me to give you an example of a more extreme beatdown compared to McGregor vs. Diaz I ? Are you serious? How about any fight in UFC history where one of the fighters dominated the fight for at least 2 rounds, and finished the fight?

He belongs to AKA as well, it's like Artem pulling for Conor.

Reminds me of when Dillon Danis or Owen Roddy backed Conor...

Absolutely wild that an AKA fighter is supporting his teammate.

This is news.

So what you guys are saying is that if someone comes from the same gym that what they say should be ignored? If he came on there and just said that Conor was going to lose because Khabib is too much for him, then I can see being dismissive due to bias. He actually broke things down pretty good.

The fighters know things about each other. If someone has a suspect chin, people in the gym would know it. Guys get clipped in the gym all the time. It's not like it would be some closely guarded secret.

To be fair, Josh has fought Nate and trained with Khabib. Think back before Conor fought Nate, if Nate had been scheduled to face Khabib, how many people would believe that Nate would win? Before Nate beat Conor and then had a super close fight with him the second time, nobody thought much of Nate in the division. The fans called him a gatekeeper. Now he is this super dangerous guy in everyones mind.

I am a big fan of both Diaz brothers, they are fighters to the core, but let's be honest about how perception has changed because of two fights and the fans desire to make excuses. Josh said that Conor presents danger with his hands, he also says that Khabib can eat shots and is a bad mofo when he gets ahold of you. He didn't say anything that we didn't already know. I think he was being reasonable.

"Destroyed" lol, oh how people exaggerate. You must be the kind of Sherdogger who posts Diaz vs. McGregor choking picture everywhere like its supposed to be something extreme like Shad face, Lyoto's face after Jones fight, Arlovski after the Fedor KO etc.. But no its literally the most generic UFC submission finish and far from "destroying" in fact

And I'm saying this as someone who doesn't have a slight sympathy for Diaz or Conor
It really isnt though , its one of the most ironic and humiliating losses in UFC history. Its up there with Ronda Holly, Especially if you watched the buildup. To say nate is too slow, "stuck in the mud", talk about how when you hit guys they panic wrestle...ONLY too get countered mid uppercut , panic wrestle and tap out. That's the significane of it . The submission itself waa just a rear naked choke but there was a lot of subtle little moves by Nate which showed thr gap in ground game that led to it as well. Theres a nice breakdown of it by Dan Hardy. Conor actually did the right things on the ground, but like i feel with the khabib fight the instincts just aren't there to compete with top grapplers when tired or rocked. That comes through years ans years of groundwork

Its going to be Clay Guida vs Anthony Pettis all over again, with Connor having a punchers chance in the first 2 rounds.

The result of that is Kabib has a better chance of winning, while Connor still has a chance but a lesser one. Is that rational enough for the Sherbros?

Back