Josh Thompson vs Mike Bronzoulis added to Bellator DYNAMITE Sep 19th in San Jose

Slongkong

Brown Belt
Reaction score
Josh Thompson has his first BellatorMMA fight and its against Fight Master finalist and LEGACYFC LW champion Mike "The Greek" Bronzoulis

IDK is anyone actually looking forward to see this fight?:rolleyes: Couldn't Coker and Company come up with a better opponent? This is not Bellator moving forward.

Awesome. Gives him a chance to rebound and get back on track pretty quickly. Really unsure how that show is supposed to work though.

You have two Glory title fights, Daley/Gonzalez. The three LHW tourney fights, and Tito/Liam.

Not crazy to think this may be a prelim? Or is this a five hour show.

Awesome. Gives him a chance to rebound and get back on track pretty quickly. Really unsure how that show is supposed to work though.

You have two Glory title fights, Daley/Gonzalez. The three LHW tourney fights, and Tito/Liam.

Not crazy to think this may be a prelim? Or is this a five hour show.

I would swear that I read somewhere this is a 4 hour show.

Let's see how much Thomson's got left...

IDK is anyone actually looking forward to see this fight?:rolleyes: Couldn't Coker and Company come up with a better opponent? This is not Bellator moving forward.

It should be a good one! I'm looking forward to it. Bronz is on a 3 fight win streak. Undefeated at LW since dropping down. He's only actually made LW one time though and that was the title fight. Dave burrow is a solid win. If these two were under ufc contract I could see the ufc putting on this exact same fight. Gonna be an entertaining scrap!

This fight really helps the card.

This is what's funny about Bellator, and its hardcore fans.

"Josh Thomson is legit top 5-10 LW fighter, Bellator have got a real coup by signing him"

Then he debuts against Mike fucking Bronzoulis. I'm surprised they didn't pay Josh Burns

This is a lack of respect towards the fans! Not that long ago Josh was complaining with the top ten rankings and now he faces Mike bronzoulis? Lol...bellator has become a joke sadly! They have the power and money to be putting stacked events but they have chosen the wrong path.

"Josh Thomson is legit top 5-10 LW fighter, Bellator have got a real coup by signing him"

Then he debuts against Mike fucking Bronzoulis. I'm surprised they didn't pay Josh Burns

I'm fine with this, Thomson needs an opponent to get him on track. It's not like it's Melvin Guillard vs Brandon fucking Girtz as main event, which is stupid because Melvin isn't on a 3 fight skid..

To those questioning this. It's a fight that is happening in a month. And not like Bellator has a ton of depth yet. They are top heavy. It's a solid fight for a show happening in a month.

Its not a fight I care about, its not a good opponent but its a month away and they didnt sign Josh to match him with someone good so he loses 4 in a row.

They want to get him a quick win and then move on with bigger fights.

So in that sense its fine.

Josh Thompson has his first BellatorMMA fight and its against Fight Master finalist and LEGACYFC LW champion Mike "The Greek" Bronzoulis
How good is this Mike Bronchitis guy? Is this a gimme for Joshua?

How good is this Mike Bronchitis guy? Is this a gimme for Joshua?

The Punk SHOULD be able to sub The Greek in the 1st round. Mike is a BIG LW who relies on his size in the clinch and power strikes on the feet, has OK TDD, but is terrible off his back. I dont think Mike can KO Josh, but I've seen crazier things happen.

So... Thomson lost 4 out of his past 5 fights.. granted 2 are against solid top 10 fighters.. the other 2 against fringe top 10 fighters.. He is on a 3 fight losing streak and you want him to fight Bellator's top fighters?

Bronzoulis is on a 3 fight win streak, undefeated at LW, and has been looking dominant in LW. He's still the same fighter who got fitch'd by Riggs, but we will be able to see how his grappling has improved against tougher competition.

This is the right call by Bellator to simply build Thomson up as a contender.

Its the right move, its why I dont think Kos/Daley happens next, that fight isnt going anywhere, get Kos a win.

Bellator doesnt want these guys with huge losing streaks to keep adding losses on them. They had to sign these guys cause they are names and Bellator isnt good and building stars. But once they have them they need to erase that losing streak, get them a win and then they can move on with bigger name fights and make them feel bigger and promote them properly.

Definitely a solid fight considering Josh is on a 3 fight skid and the bout is in a month.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back