Josh Taylor vs José Ramírez May 22nd ESPN TOP RANK

Great fight and full credit to both.

As a Taylor fan I personally hope he doesn’t go up and fight Crawford immediately, but instead fights Catteral in UK and then either a rematch with prograis or Ramirez, or Teofimo if he moves up. Mikey Garcia at either 140 or 147 would also be a great fight.

If he goes straight for Bud he’ll probably lose and then be stuck fighting top rank’s B list 147s.

Taylor is quickly becoming one of my favorite fighters. I got killed on the ufc shit last night but Taylor saved it from being a complete catastrophe along w/ Lundy putting up a decent showing and going the distance.

Taylor is eating these guys' 0's like cheerios dog. He's a BEAST. Should be a better recognized fighter. Already the greatest Scottish fighter of all time?

Great fight. Ramirez was a bit naive for a Mexican but had his moments, part. vicious body work. Taylor just one step ahead most of the time. Some times 2 unbeaten guys give us this and its awesome.
Congrats to Josh Taylor and Scotland.

Already the greatest Scottish fighter of all time?

P4P & fantasy fights & such is like Dungeons & Dragons for boxing IMO but there's really only Ken Buchanan in Taylor's wheelhouse for achievement.

Buchanan took longer about it & beat better fighters (Carlos Ortiz & Ismael Laguna weren't dudes who'd just scraped past Victor Postol, know what I mean? Though both on the downslope). The game was different then but I still think doing a fighter like Laguna in Latin America is a higher achievement, coupled with wins over Ortiz & Watt.

But he's right up there. Like, a couple solid defences away, IMO.

EDIT: & I certainly don't wanna do the boy down 'cos I think Taylor would fight anyone in a heartbeat & I cannot wait for him to go on from here. Loved him since he did O'Hara Davies.

Last edited:
P4P & fantasy fights & such is like Dungeons & Dragons for boxing IMO but there's really only Ken Buchanan in Taylor's wheelhouse for achievement.

Buchanan took longer about it & beat better fighters (Carlos Ortiz & Ismael Laguna weren't dudes who'd just scraped past Victor Postol, know what I mean? Though both on the downslope). The game was different then but I still think doing a fighter like Laguna in Latin America is a higher achievement, coupled with wins over Ortiz & Watt.

But he's right up there. Like, a couple solid defences away, IMO.

EDIT: & I certainly don't wanna do the boy down 'cos I think Taylor would fight anyone in a heartbeat & I cannot wait for him to go on from here. Loved him since he did O'Hara Davies.
Gotta be honest, I don't know a whole lot about Buchanan other than Duran exploding one of his nuts (God that was a nasty shot). Gotta check his fights out more. Taylor still young and a ways to go in his career but he's got a ton of talent and it's fun to see Scotland on the map in boxing again now that Ricky is done or almost done. Always heard the Scots were solid folk.

This is literally what I said when the scores were read.

Got in late last night and watched this. Decent card. Taylor showed up.
that makes sense. 114-114 with no knockdowns.

Dude took off every round after the second knockdown! Of fucking course the scorecards closed up. Having two knockdowns doesn't mean you auto-win every round after them.

Only managed to watch highlights, but the fight looked great. Well done to Taylor.

The left hook counter for the first knockdown was textbook. One of the best I’ve seen.

The lad thunks the ref's are duhty. Duhty, I tellya!

It was definitely longer than the count. But it’s kind of Taylor’s own fault. Immediately after he knocks him down he’s standing over him, which forces the ref to deal with Taylor and not Ramirez. Then when the ref is telling Ramirez to walk around, Taylor’s right on the toes of the ref. It was longer but it’s his own fault

It was definitely longer than the count. But it’s kind of Taylor’s own fault. Immediately after he knocks him down he’s standing over him, which forces the ref to deal with Taylor and not Ramirez. Then when the ref is telling Ramirez to walk around, Taylor’s right on the toes of the ref. It was longer but it’s his own fault
to a degree... yes.

but bayless was dragging his feet with everything. he took his fucking time telling ramirez to walk to him and wiping his gloves... that shouldn't take 10 god damn seconds. you tell the fighter come to me, if the guy stands there staring into the void, you call the fight. you don't give him extra seconds.

i think taylor has a point when he says he beat 5 people. the judges were bending backwards towards ramirez with the cards and kenny was definitely doing him no favors in that one.

Only managed to watch highlights, but the fight looked great. Well done to Taylor.

The left hook counter for the first knockdown was textbook. One of the best I’ve seen.
the fight was brilliant. if you like quality boxing, watch it first chance you get.

ramirez gave it everything he had, the man fought his ass off. no shame in that defeat, but he was facing an absolute beast.

the fight was brilliant. if you like quality boxing, watch it first chance you get.

ramirez gave it everything he had, the man fought his ass off. no shame in that defeat, but he was facing an absolute beast.

How do you think Prograis vs Ramirez would go? I think Prograis beats him quite soundly.

How do you think Prograis vs Ramirez would go? I think Prograis beats him quite soundly.

Prograis is probably a better counter puncher than Taylor, with a better punch. I could see him stopping Ramirez. Still hope we can see a Prograis rematch in the future, although, it's probably not too likely.

Back