Josh Taylor vs Jack Catterrall Feb.26th

That would be a fun event in Britain but Catterall isn’t exactly the finest opponent we could hope for Taylor.

Taylor deserves a homecoming against an easier opponent so no problems with this.

Would like to see him call out Crawford next

Catterall is OK but other than Ohara Davies his opposition has been mediocre. And he doesn't have enough power to get Taylor's respect I don't believe. I think Taylor walks through him in about six or seven rounds. It will sell out any arena in the UK though plus I believe Catterall is a mandatory contender so yeah, he'll get the next shot.

Taylor deserves a homecoming against an easier opponent so no problems with this.

One gimme is fine, indeed.

I hope that doesnt happen, so Crawford/TR actually have to fight a top welterweight, rather than pillaging a lower division.

I hope that doesnt happen, so Crawford/TR actually have to fight a top welterweight, rather than pillaging a lower division.

Eh, Crawford isn’t getting younger and Taylor’s frame could likely do with 7 more pounds on weight-in day...

Last edited:
Eh, Crawford isn’t getting younger and Taylor’s frame could likely do with 7 more points on weight-in day...
Crawford is only 33. He is in his prime. If Tylor fights him now, he loses.

so if this fight happens next, the combined record of taylor's last 7 opponents when he faced them will be 162-1.

i understand catterall is a walk in the park for him, but still. that's fucking impressive. the man is takin 0's from everyone in the division.

That would be a fun event in Britain but Catterall isn’t exactly the finest opponent we could hope for Taylor.

it’s a wbo mandatory. Catterall stepped aside so they could unify first. This fight was always going to happen. I think he’s as good as anyone in the division that Taylor hasn’t already beat

it’s a wbo mandatory. Catterall stepped aside so they could unify first. This fight was always going to happen. I think he’s as good as anyone in the division that Taylor hasn’t already beat

I have a strong feeling he’d get whacked like a baby seal as opposed to Prograis or Ramirez, but then again one gimme is is acceptable.

If Taylor is going to stay at 140 then he has to fight his mandatories. hope he rematches Prograis after this

I have a strong feeling he’d get whacked like a baby seal as opposed to Prograis or Ramirez, but then again one gimme is is acceptable.

oh I agree. Unfortunately he’s already run out of worthy opponents at this weight. prograis, ramierez and postal are possibly the best of the rest and he’s beat them all recently.

so if this fight happens next, the combined record of taylor's last 7 opponents when he faced them will be 162-1.

i understand catterall is a walk in the park for him, but still. that's fucking impressive. the man is takin 0's from everyone in the division.
He is the fucking truth. He showed me that last night. I doubted him and thought Ramirez would edge it but he put him down twice. Respect The Tartan Tornado.

Undisputed and unified champion who actually fights the best and tests himself constantly, and people barely know about him or when his fights are. Top Rank need to promote him way better than they do

Back