Josh Taylor vs. Ivan Baranchyk confirmed for 18th of May

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score

The co-founders of WBSS announced it, too:

Baranchyk supposedly pulled out, but this is back on - and confirmed with a date.

This should be a fantastic fight. I think Baranchyk’s work rate gets it done.

Taylors massively under rated over here. I think his skills see him through in this fight

I really want this fight to happen, then hopefully Prograis vs. Ivan. This whole WBSS is kind of a mess, I hope they get things sorted out.

Well pulling out must have lit a fire. Good, the sooner the better.

I have big expectations of this one. I’m taking Taylor to win the whole thing, and expect this to be the fight of the tournament.

I think Taylor massacres him and shows us that he's a truly elite fighter.

Love this fight, a hardcore boxing fan's type of fight, should get more attention than it probably will, unfortunately. I really like both but Taylor is something special, imo, and the more well rounded fighter. Baranchyk gonna make it fun, tho, both guys can bring it.

Great style matchup. Taylor is a fair bit more skilled and I think that will carry him through here. Baranchyk could take quite a beating.

Should be exciting. I got Taylor meeting Prograis in finals. Taylor has impressed so far, I thought Baranchyk looked limited, pressure is all he had. I don't think that style will fare well against Taylor's more refined approach.

I still think Prograis wins whole thing, he can box and walk your ass down. Usually when he knows he has it in the bag he just starts walking through fire to give it. A little bit stupid, but what I mean to say is he gets a bad rep of being hittable, and I don't think he'll be employing his hittable approach when in there with another real threat.

Baranchyk is too unrefined IMO, still he comes with pressure that will definitely test Taylor’s heart.

I’ll be cheering for an action fight.

I'll take Taylor here. He's never seen anyone as rough as Baranchyk though so it'll be interesting to see how he deals with those tactics. We'll get an action packed fight either way and hopefully Taylor and Prograis in the final.

Love this fight, a hardcore boxing fan's type of fight, should get more attention than it probably will, unfortunately. I really like both but Taylor is something special, imo, and the more well rounded fighter. Baranchyk gonna make it fun, tho, both guys can bring it.

He doesn’t to get much coverage over here over than in Scotland. Massively slept on

Happy days, I forgot all about this fight. Josh Taylor’s finally gonna win a title and get some proper recognition outside of Scotland. He’s the most under rated fighter in Britain

Does anyone know what channel this is on or is it ppv? The TV in the villa has about 2000 channels so I’m hoping it’s on one of them

Does anyone know what channel this is on or is it ppv? The TV in the villa has about 2000 channels so I’m hoping it’s on one of them
Pretty sure it's on Sky Sports in the UK and DAZN elsewhere. Not sure what it would be on where you are though

Pretty sure it's on Sky Sports in the UK and DAZN elsewhere. Not sure what it would be on where you are though

I’m in lanzarote and the villa I’ve hired has about 300 sports channels including sky :)

Back