Reaction score
His last 6 opponents are
-Apinun
-Iceman
-The Beast
-Rougarou
-Blue Chip
-Jose Ramirez

His last 6 opponents had a combined record of 136-1, with that 1 loss coming from Bud.
He's chasing top competition and soundly beating them.

He's clearly ranked #3 behind Canelo and Inoue

i have him top 5 for sure after the ramirez win. maybe even higher, like you. the win wasn’t resounding but ramirez is an elite 140 pounder.

this is factually untrue, and i also disagree. ramirez gave him some big problems, which is fine. ramirez is world class

I'm not talking about the scorecards. Obviously they were bullshit. But Ramirez did not do enough to win more than 3 rounds. He gave Taylor some trouble with bodyshots in rounds 3, 4 & 5. Outside of that, he was soundly beaten.

I'm not talking about the scorecards. Obviously they were bullshit. But Ramirez did not do enough to win more than 3 rounds. He gave Taylor some trouble with bodyshots in rounds 3, 4 & 5. Outside of that, he was soundly beaten.
The crowd and one of the commentators cheered everything Ramirez did, this is one of those fights where if you were to rewatch in mute you’d clearly see Taylor win convincingly

i only saw from the 7th round on. i literally turned it on like 10 seconds before the second knockdown. taylor didn't really do anything after that knockdown. ramirez didn't land anything huge either but he pressured and brought volume, so i gave ramirez the majority of rounds 8-12. if ramirez had a good 3/4/5, that's a close fight on the cards.

It's pretty tough to get a consistent top 5 p4p. I can see the argument for him. Being undisputed in any division is very rare in this day and age and as his opponents' combined records show, he's put in some credible work.

IDK about top 3 but yeah I think it's hard to deny him top 5 or so

it's refreshing to see someone so solid and reliable. he's just consistently fighting top opposition and looking good doing it.

p4p rankings are even more subjective than the divisional ones, but taylor being in the top 3 right now behind canelo and inoue sounds about right to me.

He is definitely top 5 now. I'd say he's UK's best fighter at the moment too.

I rank the Prograis win higher than last nights win, Prograis nearly won that fight and is way better than Ramirez

Agreed. Prograis doesn’t look limited and gave Taylor hell for 12 rounds. I’d really like to see a rematch, maybe at 147.

So taylor is beating top guys in his own division, which is exactly what all the other top 5 p4p fighters are also doing.

teofimo should be ranked higher than taylor, no matter how u look at it.

He is definitely top 5 now. I'd say he's UK's best fighter at the moment too.
Yeah I'd agree top 5 and he's easily the best UK fighter. What's shocking is that he's only had 18 fights as a pro. He's 30 so he could be nearing his physical peak soon and he should get better. I'd love to see him take on Crawford if he moves up.

So taylor is beating top guys in his own division, which is exactly what all the other top 5 p4p fighters are also doing.

Teofimo did something very special in beating Lomachenko but he was physically a much bigger man in there. To me that takes a bit of the shine away from it and he won the fight by one round. And he had a tough fight with Nakatani not long ago. Let's see how Loma handles Nakatani then that will put some perspective on Teo's work. Plus who else has Teo beaten? He doesn't have a long resume like Taylor of beating the top guys in his division.

Really depends how much weight you put on the Loma win, it’s definitely the single best win either has but Taylor has more depth.

It’s pretty close imo.

& this discussion proves, once again, why P4P is fanwank D&D bullshit for boxing fans.

What are our criteria? How do we establish concrete things like Win A is better than Win B? What weight does each criteria have, relative to each other? Who knows, let's argue circuitously about it instead, without ever first establishing what we're talking about!

Of course, you could spend literally years coming up with complicated formulae to track all this, but again, by that point you are actually playing Dungeons & Dragons inside your head. If you actually go play D&D with other people, you'll probably have more fun & it'll also have more connection to consensus reality.

Not sniping at anyone, really, so apologies if it comes across like that, but I find boxing fans' obsession with trying to arbitrarily rank this shite hilarious.

& this discussion proves, once again, why P4P is fanwank D&D bullshit for boxing fans.

What are our criteria? How do we establish concrete things like Win A is better than Win B? What weight does each criteria have, relative to each other? Who knows, let's argue circuitously about it instead, without ever first establishing what we're talking about!

Of course, you could spend literally years coming up with complicated formulae to track all this, but again, by that point you are actually playing Dungeons & Dragons inside your head. If you actually go play D&D with other people, you'll probably have more fun & it'll also have more connection to consensus reality.

Not sniping at anyone, really, so apologies if it comes across like that, but I find boxing fans' obsession with trying to arbitrarily rank this shite hilarious.

It’s like, just opinions man.

Back