Josh Samman vs. Tamden McCrory, CB Dollaway vs. Nate Marquardt added to UFC on FOX 17

Nate : "I have nothing left".

Samman vs McCrory is a bit early but should be a good one.

I think Samman beats The Barn Cat, but I'm still pulling for McRory. Marquardt loses this one via KO. He should retire.

nate will be the only one to blame after his brain injuries post retirement

Rooting for McCrory and damn if Nate is gonna keep fighting at least give him someone like Joe Riggs!!

McCrory vs Samman is a great fight, maybe FOTN. Someone is getting submitted imo.

Nate has a puncher's chance, CB is going to slap his shit.

I didn't want to have to see Nate lose again...

I like the CB Dollaway vs. Nate Marquardt fight.

Nate is one of my favorites of all time. Hoping for a miracle.

I thought Nate retired...he still has one of the greatest KOs of all time over Tyron Woodley, bone-chilling. He has taken too much punishment, been fighting for too long. I'm not sure why they are allowing this.

Posting this for support, but Damn Nate...fight a bum or retire.

1rlPc.gif

Samman and McCrory will be great. Didnt Nate quit on his stool against Gastelum? I thought that was a for sure retirement move for him

Samman and McCrory will be great. Didnt Nate quit on his stool against Gastelum? I thought that was a for sure retirement move for him

ufc9.gif

It is a retirement move. The last veteran MW to quit on his stool was Leben who then retired. I really don't think Nate was just talking about the Gastelum fight. I think "I'm done, I've got nothing left." was a statement for his career too.

Even if he had a change of heart, coming back against a top 10 fighter has disaster written all over it. Dolloway isn't a worldbeater but he has power, durability, decent boxing, and will be able to keep it upright.

People saying Nate just 'quit' in his last fight. I don't think that is really accurate. He took a ferocious beating and was most likely concussed. It wasn't a matter of the will to continue, his body was done doing what his brain instructed.

Out of the gate someone said this fight shouldn't be sanctioned, and that is completely true. It bugs me that the UFC booked this, but it bothers me even further an athletic commission would allow it.

If Zuffa didn't want to cut him, I suppose I could live with him getting a much lower caliber opponent for a final fight. This makes no sense for anyone and is truly dangerous.

Hmm that Samman vs. Barn Cat fight should be fucking awesome. I expect loads of blood. Samman is a pretty big middleweight so Barn Cat won't have the same advantages he had in his first two Bellator fights. Might be the difference.

Kinda wish they'd given them both another winnable fight though. Don't like there being a loser there.

allways been a Marquardt. Even after he gave out on the stool vs gastelum, he's got my respect. They gave him another fight. I'm surprised... Dollaway is no joke. Win or lose, I feel he should retire.

First fight is awesome, second fight isn't. I usually root for CB, but it feels cruel to do so given his opponent. Instead I'll just hope he doesn't beat Nate up too badly, I guess.

Who is Tamden McCrory? I have no idea. Judging by the last fight, Samman should take it. Who did Tamden last fight?

Back