Josh Koschek training in the gi.

i was there the day they filmed this. Vero Beach American Top Team. i was in town to see my Mom for Christmas, and I look up and Josh Koscheck is walking into the gym.

Nice to hear a guy from a wrestling background speak so highly of the gi.

matt darcy

guerrilla jiu-jitsu instructor and competitor matt darcy holds a black belt in jiu-jitsu under dave camarillo and a black belt in judo making him a very well rounded and avid bjj practitioner on the competition circuit.**he has been on the podium of every tournament he has entered since 2009.**matt has an extremely technical guard, especially half guard, which has never been passed in the 167.5lb and 181lb divisions.**he also has won many open weight tournaments showcasing his ability to take the fight where he wants with his judo and wrestling experience.

2012 long island pride xiv– black belt division – open – 1st*place

2012 ibjjf san francisco international open – black belt – lightweight – 2nd*place

2011 us open of bjj – black belt – lightweight – 3rd**place
2011 champions league tournament – open belt – open weight – 2nd**place
2011 gracie open – brown belt open weight super fight with nate diaz
2011 ibjjf international vegas open – brown belt – lightweight – 2nd**place
2011 ibjjf world championships – brown belt – lightweight – quarter finalist
2011 guerrilla advanced & pro gi invitational (open belt, open weight) – 1st*place

Are people really doubting the legitamicy of Dave/Dan Camarillo Jiu-Jitsu? Thats as legit as they come. Some of the best grapplers in the world. I mean, who can tear Fitch or Koscheck up on the ground? Not many people i know.

To the extent that belts matter: I'd be proud to get a belt from Camarillo, no matter what he calls his style.

Back