Josh Kelly is slowly becoming my fav boxer

He looks brilliant so far but let him get the British title and then step up to Euro level before we start even talking about Canelo or anyone close to that level. Hold your horses.

Matching him up with the right opponent seems to be an issue. Hes not experiemced enough to fight the top guys but the top British/European level fighters aren't too keen apparently.

Matching him up with the right opponent seems to be an issue. Hes not experiemced enough to fight the top guys but the top British/European level fighters aren't too keen apparently.
Brandon Rios is one opponent that Hearn's mentioned in the last few days for Josh Kelly, I think that would be a pretty perfect step up fight.

Brandon Rios is one opponent that Hearn's mentioned in the last few days for Josh Kelly, I think that would be a pretty perfect step up fight.
Yeah that would be good fight to see where he actually is in terms of his development. If he's as good as he looks he should win fairly comfortably.

He doesnt hit hard enough to deter Rios. The second half of the fight would be compelling.

Josh Kelly is already 25.
In his age most elite fighters are already champions. He hasn't started fighting world level opponents like Brandon Rios yet.
And yet people compare him to Canelo?
They are on different planets.

I just dont want to see Rios in a boxing ring, he is so past it.
He should quit boxing for good and live comfortable life.

Josh Kelly is already 25.
In his age most elite fighters are already champions. He hasn't started fighting world level opponents like Brandon Rios yet.
And yet people compare him to Canelo?
They are on different planets.
There are plenty of late starters doing well in pro boxing now, Kelly has plenty of time to make a splash. Look at Anthony Joshua who didn't even start as a pro until he was 24. Now look at where he is as the number one HW on the planet.

There are plenty of late starters doing well in pro boxing now, Kelly has plenty of time to make a splash. Look at Anthony Joshua who didn't even start as a pro until he was 24. Now look at where he is as the number one HW on the planet.
Yeah, Wilder was also a late starter.
Can you find similar examples in lower weight divisions where the talent pool and competition is a lot bigger?
I can't remember anyone right now.

He may make a good account of himself, but personally I think he didn't so far because he isn't that good.
He's pretty good though for some youtuber goofs that make videos for jerk off casuals that have discovered fight sports through
Lomachenko and MacGregor. That's for sure.

Yeah, Wilder was also a late starter.
Can you find similar examples in lower weight divisions where the talent pool and competition is a lot bigger?
I can't remember anyone right now.

He may make a good account of himself, but personally I think he didn't so far because he isn't that good.
He's pretty good though for some youtuber goofs that make videos for jerk off casuals that have discovered fight sports through
Lomachenko and MacGregor. That's for sure.
Lomachenko was another example of another who started late in pro boxing. As was Rigondeaux but they are slightly different cases because they had so much amateur experience behind them.

Back