Josh Jauncey: "GLORY matchmakers put money in their pocket"

Broadcast

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
“In my GLORY debut, I was a 21-year-old kid from Canada, and they put me against a K-1 veteran. I don’t know who you’re trying to build in that situation. Who are you trying to help?” asked the Canadian.

“Luckily, I came out with a win, but that’s not the fight you do to build someone’s brand. It was a very risky fight. I don’t feel like I’ve been promoted very well. I don’t always feel like I’ve been treated fairly in fights. As far as being promoted, they haven’t done me too many favors when they said they would.”

“The matchmaking favored a lot of the Dutch fighters,” said Jauncey.

“If we won, it was a surprise. The people who were in charge of matchmaking, there was a conflict of interest there. Things were made that would benefit the matchmakers if they won. They were making money off of those guys winning. It wasn’t fair.”

“There were situations where we should have won or at least got an extra round, and it got tilted in the other fighter’s favor. There were people who acted very aggressively when we spoke up..”

“Those were the people who I would be taking money out of their hands if I won. A lot of those people are no longer in GLORY anymore, or so I’ve been told. They’re not part of the board as they were before, but, still, the damage has already been done there.”

Combat Press
https://www.vechtsportinfo.nl/nieuw...ickboxing-matchmakers-staken-geld-in-hun-zak/

Last edited:
Mother fuckers, finally the shit is coming out! These bunch of Dutchies have totally ignored the Romanian scene, they destroyed Ghiță, they probably robbed Moroșanu because of gambling, they ignored Cătinaș, Paraschiv, Spetcu, Andrei Stoica, Bogdan Stoica, and most recently Gafencu, Cozmâncă, Caliniuc, Lambagiu, Bozan, Orza, Lătescu, etc, all GLORY material. Even poorer Ostrovanu and Pattvean would have deserved a chance considering Hessling and others got it. Even Mitu deserved one. I am sad potent Superkombat is not on anymore, otherwise many of their "top" Dutchies would have lost in Romania like before.

Then they did not care for youngsters like Jauncey and others. They get No 1 and No 3 ranked with Andrei and Bogdan Stoica, others got worse than Jauncey. Dutchmen or those with strong "agents", were allowed to lose fights. Or some Dutchmen like Harut Grigorian, Jason Wilnis and others were losing their first fights in Glory, there were losing their first championship fights in the promotion, but received a lot of others chances. Remained in Glory or even won titles. Look at Michael Duut for example, he is born loser but is still there! The Brazilians also received golden chances because WGP was swallowed by Glory, but it isn"t feeding Glory, it"s more they probably funded the Glory matchmakers. The Brazilian fighters, some not so good, were also favorized.

If Jauncey is complaining, imagine the others. For Romania, China and Japan there was no place. What, do you think Maslobojev and Tuinov were brought by Glory because they were promising? Or because their agents? I believe part 2. This is how they act.

Not to mention 2019 was full of the shittest cards ever, some kickboxers would have fought only in Romanian lower promotions, never in Superkombat. Not just from the US. Glory has transformed into a shit of a promotion, those fighters were not even good for Road To Glory events. This is how they launch talented youngsters? Plus when they have them, if the matchmakers don"t receive money from their agents, they are not correctly promoted. From bad opponent to good opponents, on a scale. But do you really think they were nationalists? Probably for the money they also lost any patriotism. I bet they had some agreements even with the Netherlands, with several gyms.

Nothing will be changed in Glory, until I don"t see more Romanians. And not C-Romanians with "good agents". And not only, whole talent to be in the organization or almost.

I did not want to say anything for years against the matchmakers, but if it"s coming out now I can also have an opinion. I"ve always spoken only against the promotion, only against the promotion. Others are spitting their name, not myself.

Years of frustrations and injustice, generalized corruption.

PS. COMBAT PRESS IS ALSO AS POOR AS GLORY. Just take a look at their rankings! They are rigged.

Last edited:
Hahaha, Vechtsportinfo has removed the post, unreal! And it was only a quote from Combat Press.

When I wanted to thank Vechtsportinfo for independent press! Hide the corruption Vechtsportinfo in the Netherlands. You will never clean up kickboxing from organized crime.

Last edited:
Glory had potential to be great but looks like they are crooked. Nothing here surprise me. Thanks for the post.
If you want to watch kickboxing, just follow the One FC event, they have often kickboxing bouts and their 70 kg roster is stacked.

Not to say that Jauncey is entirely wrong about the matchmaking and everything, but...
Don't think Jauncey was robbed even once in Glory was he? Not sure who else he should have fought for his debut other than (based on wikipedia anyway) Stevelmans who seemed to be on a 5 fight losing streak.

Moroșanu wasn't robbed, you just suddenly can't score fights for shit when it's Romanians losing. Adegbuyi lost to Guto too. Should take off your
93022692-romania-flag-sunglasses-3d-rendering.jpg

Maslobojev and Tuinov were actually very good signings. Don't know what pull you think Tuinov's people have when it comes to Glory for example? Tuinov absolutely did not deliver in Glory though.

You have kinda weird expectations for the quality of Glory cards, later Glory just didn't quite have the fighter budget anymore. They tried to keep the main guys but the overall quality was pretty clearly often down due to just less money being spent on the rest of the fighters.

Japan is complicated, K-1 at least has shitty contracts making it very difficult for Glory to realistically get those guys. In China for any decent fighter it's better to be a regular on Wu Lin Feng, Kunlun Fight or Glory of Heroes (at least before...) than to be a random on Glory too.

Last edited:
This all sounds familiar wasn't I saying this at the beginning of the year?

LOL @ the Romanian lenses...

Interesting and maybe he is right about some things but Josh Jauncey made it kind of difficult for me take him seriously

Bearing in mind that Kryklia is 4 1/2 inches taller and also heavier than Maslobojev, fight was not bad until he get catched with punch. ;)almost full 3 rounds fight until this. fight is on YT.
Yeah, he also had lost semi pro boxe fight vs Briedis, I think it is no ground to discredit him.
Looks that Maslobojev now is also on 8 fights winning steak in KB.before this 1 loss, before this 11 wins in row after this lost fight vs Kryklia.

Moroșanu wasn't robbed
Moroșanu in one of the biggest robberies ever, please don"t talk if you didn"t watch the fight! Rewatch please the bout. The robbery was as big as in Australia against Edwards, or more, and certainly more than against Sam which was generally agreed as being very, highly controversial.

Bearing in mind that Kryklia is 4 1/2 inches taller and also heavier than Maslobojev, fight was not bad until he get catched with punch. ;)almost full 3 rounds fight until this. fight is on YT.
Yeah, he also had lost semi pro boxe fight vs Briedis, I think it is no ground to discredit him.
Looks that Maslobojev now is also on 8 fights winning steak in KB.before this 1 loss, before this 11 wins in row after this lost fight vs Kryklia.

They fought in 2015, when Kryklia was much younger. But Roman is highly untested against the elite and even the top. So you can have a point until a rematch.

Last edited:
Maslobojev and Tuinov were actually very good signings. Don't know what pull you think Tuinov's people have when it comes to Glory for example? Tuinov absolutely did not deliver in Glory though.

You are on a hurry and not reading. I didn"t say they were not good signings. I said they caught with Glory because of the agents/gyms of course most likely, not because they were selected for talent. And anyway, even Tuinov was a good signing, but not a very good one.

You didn"t understand what I want to communicate, Glory matchmakers weren"t selecting the fighters for their talent. Most of them needed to have a connection. Maybe a few talented Dutch kickboxers, in rest only "connections". I am not the one saying that. Who knows how bribery was working, maybe even to continue in Glory and maybe even to get a title chance.

Guys, the Hemmers business was obvious in Glory. I mean the conflict of interest was real: how can a trainer and a matchmaker/talent finder come from the same family (father/son) working both for Glory? In that sense I agree with Josh. Glory was shitty beside collision fights and some few other fights in 2019. I agree that some additions were absolutely hilarious like Junior Tafa, Abdallah and so on.

On the other hand, I simply have no information if the agents of those Romanian fighters ever tried to contact Glory offering their fighters. And even so, there are many reasons why Glory could have refused them (budget restrictions, weight categories policies etc). I agree with Broadcast that Glory talent department was shit, however I don`t have sufficient information to state that Romanian fighters were ignored and if so what is the reason for that. If Broadcast has some information on the matter I am sure he will share it with us.

Oh, on more thing. Not just Glory matchmaking sucks, the dutch fight press is also below par. Veronica TV, Spike Sport NL are regularely posting interviews about important fighters/trainer/fights on youtube. They seem pretty interesting as some are fairy long 40-50 minutes. However, they absolutely don`t care about putting English subtitles... Every time I see an interesting interview I always wright in the comments asking them to do this without results. Kickboxing is in shit and they don`t even care about the fans outside NL.

Last edited:
@Broadcast
Where is you're source? Link doesn't work. You claim a lot of things, based on nothing.

But Roman is highly untested against the elite and even the top.
depends from criteria when you call someone as top or elite.
Kryklia resume does not look bad.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roman_Kryklia

6ft 6 1/2 in dude, approx 220-225 lbs. vs 6 ft 2 in Maslobojev.

“In my GLORY debut, I was a 21-year-old kid from Canada, and they put me against a K-1 veteran. I don’t know who you’re trying to build in that situation. Who are you trying to help?” asked the Canadian.

“Luckily, I came out with a win, but that’s not the fight you do to build someone’s brand. It was a very risky fight. I don’t feel like I’ve been promoted very well. I don’t always feel like I’ve been treated fairly in fights. As far as being promoted, they haven’t done me too many favors when they said they would.”

“The matchmaking favored a lot of the Dutch fighters,” said Jauncey.

Doesn't looks that he had suffered from matchmaking.
He had won 4 first fights in Glory: in row.
Then he lost vs Sitthichai and Petrosyan. These are not dutch fighters.
This also does not look shame to loss fight vs Petrosyan for example.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josh_Jauncey

@Broadcast
Where is you're source? Link doesn't work. You claim a lot of things, based on nothing.

They removed the article in the Netherlands. The title was Josh Jauncey: "GLORY matchmakers put money in their pocket"

https://combatpress.com/2020/11/for...-agent-considering-all-options-including-mma/

And are you blind? I posted Combat Press also at the end, you could have searched for it. The English article is from the site. Don"t call me a liar.

Look, Glory are pushing others to hide their trash it seems or maybe some persons. Superkombat for example never asked the journalists to remove articles, but they asked for the right to reply. They had a position on Lascenko"s car and on the unpaid British fighters. And problems were resolved. Glory should clean up corruption and stop pretending everything was fine.

Last edited:
Guys, the Hemmers business was obvious in Glory. I mean the conflict of interest was real: how can a trainer and a matchmaker/talent finder come from the same family (father/son) working both for Glory?
In wasn't just Hemmers, Remon Daadler was just as guilty and Scott Ruddman was letting them rob Pierre as he was too. Now after restructuring they put Daadlers business partner Robbie Timmers in charge so clearly no lesson was learned.

In regards to not being promoted correctly/being treated fairly I believe he is referencing the Moissev/Baya 1/Gashi fights.

I was at his gym at the time and all 3 were poorly planned. For Moissev I believe he thought he was fighting Adamchuk up until 2 or 3 weeks out. When he fought Baya the first time, his opponent changed 3 or 4 times in camp and the last change was less than a couple days before the fight, when he was already in France.

That being said, this isn't boxing and guys don't get groomed to championship level fights, kickboxing is very much sink or swim once you hit the big leagues. Also while having your brother and father as part of the management team is nice since you can trust them, they likely aren't the same level as a professional agent in regards to negotiating better terms with the company. I know there were some... less than happy feelings from his end in regards to how opponents were found on short notice and what concessions would be made at the table next time if/when he took replacement opponents on short notice.

Back