Josh Hill on Dealing with his TUF Loss

Ok you are all kinds of stupid, so I will deal with it all in one post.
So Dana can't tell the ref to break up the fighters earlier if they are pushed up against the cage too long or the other guy is laying too long?
No. 100% he can not. The fact you think he can is just ... wow.
So you are saying just because they don't get their check cut by the UFC that they don't need to follow the suggestions of the UFC?
No. That is not why. It's because the AC's hold the power. Some moreso than others.
If Dana wanted to change some of the rules by a little tweaking to create more action and kickboxing, HE can. It's as simple as that.
No, he can't. He can make a suggestion, he can not change the rules.
Influence. That's the only word that is needed. Watch other sports and you will see the same things going on.
He has none. The AC's don't need him. He needs the AC's. They hold the influence. If Dana took on the NSAC he would be destroyed, completely shut down Schaub style.
Dana's opinions do have an effect. You obviously don't know what you are talking about.

It's not as cut and dry, black and white as you think it is.

You don't think Dana's words have an effect on fighters and everyone else in the sport? Don't fool yourself....
So now you switch from Ref's and AC's to fighters? Yes, Dana can exert power on fighters. Good goalpost switch.
Dana (and the other UFC executives) can change it if they want. Whether Dana is just complaining or it's a real concern is the difference.
No. They can't. At all. Not even a little.
I don't have examples nor do I follow the UFC backend operations closely but I do know one thing- money talks.

The UFC is a money maker and even if the refs/commission is not directly employed by them doesn't mean that they will not listen to the company that basically pays some of their bills. I'm sure the UFC has big enough influence to do some of the things you think they are not capable of doing.

UFC rules are not set in stone either. I'm sure UFC can alter their rules if need be.
That must be why the UFC got cleared to fight in NY so many years ago. Because they have the power and money talks .. oh wait ....

Not really. Rules have been changed and it can be if needed. Go look it up.
What rules are these? How can we look up a rule you won't give us?
Does NSAC have rules on when a ref is suppose to stand up the fighters or when or the amount of time he has to give fighters that are pressed against the fence?
There are rules for standing fighters up, and also for separation against the cage. It's up to the Ref's, and Dana can never change that.
He will if it's his job to....

Don't think for a minute that just because no one is admitting fault doesn't mean changes don't get made.

This stuff happens all the time with refs also in other sports.
Yes, only it's not his job to. The Ref's job is to follow the AC, not Dana. Dana has wanted certain Ref's fired or barred from UFC events, Kizer told Dana to go F himself. The Ref Kizer doesn't like (and is the best in the game) is barred from all Vegas UFC events. Kizer did that, Dana could never.

I cant believe he didn't win the fight in the first round, if he had just thrown a few shots to try and setup the RNC, he threw about two punch's, he was in so many positions to be able to do some damage, its like he didn't want to hurt his opponent, very weird fight.

I'm just glad I don't have to hear dude keep saying he is 8-0 for a reason.

Ok you are all kinds of stupid, so I will deal with it all in one post.

No. 100% he can not. The fact you think he can is just ... wow.

No. That is not why. It's because the AC's hold the power. Some moreso than others.

No, he can't. He can make a suggestion, he can not change the rules.

He has none. The AC's don't need him. He needs the AC's. They hold the influence. If Dana took on the NSAC he would be destroyed, completely shut down Schaub style.

So now you switch from Ref's and AC's to fighters? Yes, Dana can exert power on fighters. Good goalpost switch.

No. They can't. At all. Not even a little.

That must be why the UFC got cleared to fight in NY so many years ago. Because they have the power and money talks .. oh wait ....

What rules are these? How can we look up a rule you won't give us?

There are rules for standing fighters up, and also for separation against the cage. It's up to the Ref's, and Dana can never change that.

Yes, only it's not his job to. The Ref's job is to follow the AC, not Dana. Dana has wanted certain Ref's fired or barred from UFC events, Kizer told Dana to go F himself. The Ref Kizer doesn't like (and is the best in the game) is barred from all Vegas UFC events. Kizer did that, Dana could never.

Nsac doesn't have any real rule on preventing ufc from encouraging more kickboxing so how does the ac and nsac prevent ufc from not doing it?

There's no real rule on standing fighters up. There's a general rule but it doesn't say how long. It only basically says if the fighter isn't advancing his position which is open to interpretation.

I don't understand how you keep saying nsac when it seems to be out of their jurisdiction.

TUF fights don't count on pro records.

Doesn't change the fact that we have had plenty of guys bringing that kind of padded records onto TUF and then gets beat-down by guys with half the W's.

dude's delusional. Says he's not a 1 trick pony and the reason he doesn't come out striking isn't because he sucks at it, it's because he's not confident. Lol

I just watched the fight and I thought Hill did more in round 3. I had Round 1 10-9 Hill, Round 2 10-9 Wooten, Round 3 10-9 Hill, Wooten only had top control for the last 1:15.

i think dana's problem is that this kid has the opportunity of a life time, and he's not embracing it as a showcase.

I just watched the fight and I thought Hill did more in round 3. I had Round 1 10-9 Hill, Round 2 10-9 Wooten, Round 3 10-9 Hill, Wooten only had top control for the last 1:15.
there is no possible way hill won round 3.

Yeah I didn't find this fight bad at all... Very close. If josh didn't miss that spinning backfist the fight could have easily gone either way.

[QUOTE="Mata Leao";87940419]He power slammed Whooten, passed guard, dropped some moderate gnp, took Whooten's back and nearly ended the fight in the first with a RNC. I don't know what one can expect of the guy. He was also throwing several punches when he had Whooten up against the cage. Dana clearly didn't watch the fight. I don't know what your problem is but I have a couple of thoughts on the matter.[/QUOTE]

This

if dana said he had a good fight he would be doing backflips, dana bashes him a bit and he whines; these dudes can't take any negative comments for one, secondly who the hell cares.

I think it's using the word 'retard' is not a good word to use.

Especially if you are calling a person that can make your life miserable like Dana White can. Unless he plans to never make a real paycheck in MMA.

At this point, I think the fighters on TUF know who's been contracted for at least one UFC fight post-season. I imagine Josh Hill wasn't one of those fighters. At this point, he's probably figured that his career won't be seeing UFC at any time soon, so what does he have to lose?

if dana said he had a good fight he would be doing backflips, dana bashes him a bit and he whines; these dudes can't take any negative comments for one, secondly who the hell cares.

Because if Dana White says he's not a fan of your fighting style or that he dislikes watching you fight, the likelihood of a fighter, especially a TUF contestant who lost his fight no less, getting a fight in the UFC becomes very unlikely.

Dana White has said some and done some crazy stuff, let's not deny that. However, this guy can literally make or break your UFC career.

Anyone else find it interesting that Dana dismisses Josh Hill as a "one-trick pony" but he loves Ronda Rousey, who has never won a fight by anything other than an armbar?

Back