Josh Hill on Dealing with his TUF Loss

[QUOTE="Mata Leao";87940475]I think the main point we can take out of Dana's post fight comments is that he actually didn't watch the fight. I'm not saying that it was greatest fight in TUF history but it was pretty decent on both ends.[/QUOTE]

Agreed. I don't think White even watched it.

If Dana wanted to change some of the rules by a little tweaking to create more action and kickboxing, HE can. It's as simple as that.
No, he can't, and it isn't simple at all. You are clearly uninformed when it comes to this subject.

It just amazes me that in this day and age, with the internet and all the information out there that has shown otherwise, that some people still think the possible is impossible.

What's really amazes me is you are completely oblivious as to the embarrassing situation you've put yourself in.

No, he can't, and it isn't simple at all. You are clearly uninformed when it comes to this subject.

Of course he can, if he works within the current rule set. UFC could say that you have 30 seconds on the ground and if no action, then stood up.

Bellator and Strikeforce modified the unified rules with no elbows. Dana just can't add something like strikes to the back of the head, biting, hits to the spine, etc...

Whoa, whoa, whoa Josh Hill.

The correct answer would be Dana is right, he knows more about this sport than I do and I need to improve tremendously in all facets of the sport in order to be a more well rounded mixed martial artist.

You have to kiss his ass. You have to kiss the Fertitta's ass. Otherwise, you'll find yourself with the short end of the stick. Regardless of how you actually feel or what the truth may be.

Whoa, whoa, whoa Josh Hill.

The correct answer would be Dana is right, he knows more about this sport than I do and I need to improve tremendously in all facets of the sport in order to be a more well rounded mixed martial artist.

You have to kiss his ass. You have to kiss the Fertitta's ass. Otherwise, you'll find yourself with the short end of the stick. Regardless of how you actually feel or what the truth may be.

Dana doesn't know more about fighting because he has never been a fighter. Unless you have actually stepped into the cage and fought then you don't have a complete understanding of the game (and yes that includes me).

I would actually argue that Dana knows very little about fighting by some of the things he has said. He is a promoter and that doesn't require knowledge of fighting. You can say that he knows how to succeed in the UFC but he doesn't really know that either. If a fighter takes his advice and "just goes for it" or "just lets his/hers hands go" and gets knocked out 3 times then they ain't make'in it in the UFC. Each fighter has to play to their own strengthens and Dana has no ability to advise them on specifically what those are.

I will agree with you that if I were a young mixed martial artist I would not ever refer to Dana's comment as 'retarded' in the media (even though it absolutely was). There are more professional things he could have said that would have gotten the point across without offending someone you hope will one day be your boss.

[QUOTE="Mata Leao";87957561]Dana doesn't know more about fighting because he has never been a fighter. Unless you have actually stepped into the cage and fought then you don't have a complete understanding of the game (and yes that includes me).

I would actually argue that Dana knows very little about fighting by some of the things he has said. He is a promoter and that doesn't require knowledge of fighting. You can say that he knows how to succeed in the UFC but he doesn't really know that either. If a fighter takes his advice and "just goes for it" or "just lets his/hers hands go" and gets knocked out 3 times then they ain't make'in it in the UFC. Each fighter has to play to their own strengthens and Dana has no ability to advise them on specifically what those are.

I will agree with you that if I were a young mixed martial artist I would not ever refer to Dana's comment as 'retarded' in the media (even though it absolutely was). There are more professional things he could have said that would have gotten the point across without offending someone you hope will one day be your boss.[/QUOTE]

Great post

What's really amazes me is you are completely oblivious as to the embarrassing situation you've put yourself in.

Not really. Rules have been changed and it can be if needed. Go look it up.

Does NSAC have rules on when a ref is suppose to stand up the fighters or when or the amount of time he has to give fighters that are pressed against the fence?

Does NSAC have rules on when a ref is suppose to stand up the fighters or when or the amount of time he has to give fighters that are pressed against the fence?

To answer my own question, I don't think there is a NSAC rule on this.

What does that tell you? That if Dana wants fighters to spend less time on the ground or against the fence then he can make those changes.

I read the 2nd paragraph and this article has nothing to do with what my original conversation is about.

Please read up before you type since you have no clue what my conversation was about to even have a clue on how to comment.

BTW, I don't think NSAC has anything to do with promoting more boxing and less wrestling. Their main focus is fighter safety.

With that said, Dana doesn't need NSAC's approval for fighters to create more action. Someone said something to the effect that it has to go through NSAC's approval system but it doesn't seem like it does.

That fight wasn't that bad, but it wasn't a performance that is going to change someones opinion.

So that fight should not EARN a LnP opinion, but it also wouldn't end one.

Back