Josh Hill on Dealing with his TUF Loss

Discussion in 'The Ultimate Fighter (TUF) Discussion' started by math2tor, Oct 17, 2013.

1. math2tor

math2tor Green Belt

2. Le Fisticuffs

Le Fisticuffs Green Belt

"Lastly, Dana White

3. Eagle Press

Eagle Press Brown Belt

He also passed guard multiple times, had back control, threw a lot of knees in the clinch while standing up, etc. In fact, I'd wager Wooten initiated more grappling exchanges after the first round than Hill.

4. "Mata Leao"

"Mata Leao" Orange Belt

5. "Mata Leao"

"Mata Leao" Orange Belt

I think the main point we can take out of Dana's post fight comments is that he actually didn't watch the fight. I'm not saying that it was greatest fight in TUF history but it was pretty decent on both ends.

6. Skydome

Skydome Banned Banned

The fight wasn't bad and Josh didn't LNP like Dana is suggesting.

7. 613MMAfan

613MMAfan Green Belt

8. tjohnsont

tjohnsont Green Belt

Dana can easily change the rules if it bothers him that much.

9. "Mata Leao"

"Mata Leao" Orange Belt

I'm pretty sure that it is the Athletic Commissions that set their own rules based on the American Boxing Commission's Unified Rules of MMA. The UFC would not make their own rules unless they are in a jurisdiction without a commission in which case they would just defer to the Unified Rules.

10. Torrid

Torrid Cunning Linguist

Hill is just getting used as a scapegoat here.

Dana shit-talked Wooten's fight into the house hard. After he ended up on Team Rousey and Dana remembered how much he liked British fighters, his tune changed.

Hill isn't exciting, but he isn't the epitome of boring either. You can take 90% of the fights off season 16 and they're worse than his against Wooten.

11. Kirk601

Kirk601 Orange Belt

There were multiple times Hill could've opened up and landed powerful shots but he didnt. He was content to keep Wooten pressed against the cage and when he took him down kept his head in his chest throwing punches with no pop. I hate rooting for Rousey's team but I didn't shed any tears over Hill losing.

12. tjohnsont

tjohnsont Green Belt

[QUOTE="Mata Leao";87941053]I'm pretty sure that it is the Athletic Commissions that set their own rules based on the American Boxing Commission's Unified Rules of MMA. The UFC would not make their own rules unless they are in a jurisdiction without a commission in which case they would just defer to the Unified Rules.[/QUOTE]

So Dana can't tell the ref to break up the fighters earlier if they are pushed up against the cage too long or the other guy is laying too long?

13. hendobomb

hendobomb Orange Belt

i havent saw the fight yet but its never a good idea for a fighter to call dfw 'retarded', no matter how 'retarded' hes been over the years.

14. Ekcol

Ekcol Blue Belt

No, because the refs work for the comission who assigns them to the bout and not the UFC.

15. tjohnsont

tjohnsont Green Belt

I think it's using the word 'retard' is not a good word to use.

Especially if you are calling a person that can make your life miserable like Dana White can. Unless he plans to never make a real paycheck in MMA.

16. 613MMAfan

613MMAfan Green Belt

When were these moments? Hill was either working for a td, or when he got him down was trying to pass guard and trying for a RNC. When a fighter who isn't as exciting as you'd like them to be you people like to imagine these moments when he had his arms and body completely free to posture up and throw big strikes on the ground.

You mean a wrestler was content to keep trying to take someone down and was successful at it? Oh my the horror! There should be a rule that if a wrestler can't get a td within 30 seconds that he has to stop trying and start striking with his opponent, allowing a wrestler to try and work for a td is ridiculous right?

17. tjohnsont

tjohnsont Green Belt

So you are saying just because they don't get their check cut by the UFC that they don't need to follow the suggestions of the UFC?

18. tjohnsont

tjohnsont Green Belt

If Dana wanted to change some of the rules by a little tweaking to create more action and kickboxing, HE can. It's as simple as that.

19. Kirk601

Kirk601 Orange Belt

Clearly you didnt watch the fight last night.

20. Kirk601

Kirk601 Orange Belt

No. They dont. The UFC has no say in who refs what fights and what the refs do.