Josh Gross: Rosholt-Johnson was one of the lowest quality UFC fights I've seen.......

Timothy Johnson looked absolutely ridiculous. A professional fighter should have a little bit of discipline when it comes to their diet.

it was pretty terrible. BUT pretty much what you could be expecting. Pair these guys against some serious HWs and you get a high light reel finish at least. Terrible match making.

Johnsons wrestling was surprisingly decent. That's about it.

So many have been crying for another sad HW TUF for years now. Jared Rosholt is the guy who would've most likely won it all those years. Tim Johnson is most likely better than 99% of the guy who would be on a HW TUF.

So many have been crying for another sad HW TUF for years now. Jared Rosholt is the guy who would've most likely won it all those years. Tim Johnson is most likely better than 99% of the guy who would be on a HW TUF.

The winner and runner up of the one they just did in Brazil are now fighting at MW. HW TUF is indeed a lol idea and yeah either of these guys could win it.

I had enough time to smoke a bowl and make a sandwich with the bread toasted. So it wasn't all bad.

Still better than any WMMA fight not involving Rousey

No, it wasn't that bad of a fight. The grappling exchanges were interesting. I wasn't a fan of Rosholt's classic lay n pray.

But... all in all def not one of the worst fights i've ever seen.

Filler fight for free tv. Think I used the fridge and the restroom during and didn't miss anything.

Filler fight for free tv. Think I used the fridge and the restroom during and didn't miss anything.

Just with the nature of the pacing you have to find a secondary activity.

Disagree. It was boring, but the quality of the fighters--or at least one of the fighters--wasn't the issue. The reason it was so boring is because Rosholt is so talented a wrestler. If he sucked at wrestling, he wouldn't have been able to control the much larger Johnson the way he did for so long. The only unskilled parts were when Johnson, bless him, was throwing sloppy haymakers, desperate for a win.

Overreaction.

The womens fight was hardly one of the least entertaining things on the card. Was probably a high point to be honest, wasn't the most exciting card in the world.

Does anyone else think the fact that Rosholt is 5-1 in the UFC really speaks to the kiddie-pool level depths of the HW division?

Does anyone else think the fact that Rosholt is 5-1 in the UFC really speaks to the kiddie-pool level depths of the HW division?

It speaks that he has good enough wrestling to grind out the basement of the division.

I've said it a dozen times:

Cut people who are both prospectively null and fucking boring even if they win.

Then erase all their fights on Fight Pass and purge any record of them from the UFC site.

Make boring fighters ghosts. They're only a notch above ghosts when it comes to being noticed anyway. Scram. Shoo. GO AWAY.

Porra.

Agreed. Also nice picture are you single?

I skipped this one after the first round. Rosholt is boring as fuck to watch.

Back