Josh Grispi vs Andy Ogle at UFC London Feb. 16

Man Grispi, what a slide. If he loses to Ogle it'll compete one of the greater falls from grace in the Zuffa era.

Man Grispi, what a slide. If he loses to Ogle it'll compete one of the greater falls from grace in the Zuffa era.

this. seriously wtf happened....Hominick is working on a pretty good slide as well

dunno which is the more alarming, Grispi's or Hominick's

this. seriously wtf happened....Hominick is working on a pretty good slide as well

Atleast Homi fans have the Aldo title defense to remember, Grispi just missed his shot, and then...
knockouts_George_Roop_Body_Shot_KO_Josh_Grispi_TUF_13_Finale.gif

Id say grispi. He has faltered against lower level competition than hominick. Grispi seems like he gives up during fights now. Almost as if he doesn't care if he loses. His losing skid is 100%the mental for sure.

Sucks if he were to get cut, I thought Ogle beat Akira in his last fight. Plus he would only be on a 2 fight lose streak if he lost to Grispi. I think this fight is more urgent for Grispi than anything being he's on a 3 fight losing streak, Ogle is british, so I doubt they will be quick to cut him.

How is Grispi still in the UFC? There are better fighters that lose 2 in a row and get cut. This is the sort of "preferential treatment" that other fighters speak of and it makes the UFC look bad.

Last edited:

Grispi fo sho. I still have the old 125 poster in my room w/ Aldo vs. Grispi on it. Lost his shot when Aldo got injured and lost 3 straight since then. Pretty bad.

Grispi reminds of me of Steve "Robot" Cantwell - seemed like a world-beater in the WEC (btw WEC neva die), and just turned into a shadow of his former self once he transitioned into the UFC. I don't think that it has to do with level of competition (Grispi is still fighting his fellow "WEC" fighters) or bright lights/big stage of UFC (WEC events were smaller, but still had big crowds/TV cameras).

I think Grispi takes this one, and I also am not sold on Ogle getting cut if he loses. He's British and the loss to Corassani was somewhat controversial (I thought Akira won, but it was close).

Either way though, Grispi has gone on quite the skid. Unbelievable that he almost fought Aldo. He would have gotten wrecked.

The fact that Grispi is still in the UFC after a 3 fight losing streak where he was dominated in each fight is amazing in itself. But I actually think he's gonna get his Dan Hardy moment and finally get a W.

Grispi is old and past his prime. Prime Grispi at 19 years old would take this tho

Grispi is old and past his prime. Prime Grispi at 19 years old would take this tho

A motivated and in shape Grispi with that look in his eye will crush all enemies, see them driven before him, and hear the lamentations of their women.

Finally Grispi gets an easy win he can look good in and build some confidence.

Ogle seemed like a great guy on TUF but I think this will be a very tough fight for him.

i think this means they give Hominick one more shot, hopefully against someone like Joey Gambino.

Back