Josh Barnett wants to do pro-wrestling AND do UFC. Doesn't care about title

DGT4NOW

Red Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Meltzer's Newsletter:
Josh Barnett said that his plan is to both fight in UFC and do pro wrestling in the IGF this year. Barnett said that he

Last edited:
Good for him. Will the UFC let him do both under his current contract? I just want to see him back in the cage. He's got some good fights left in him.

Not going to happen. One or the other.

Hard to care for the title when Travis put an inch deep hole into his head with elbows.

he doesn't care about the title because he has no chance at winning it

don't know where all the support for this roiding prick comes from

Doesn't care about title? That might have been news like a decade ago.

He already wrestled in IGF on NYE. I think everyone at Zuffa HQ assumed he retired or something.

I figure he will want to fight other name oldsters like he has been doing since Pride shut down. Would watch.

Yea OK Josh, you doing both wrestling & UFC fighting why do I see another suspension in your future trying to keep that body up.

barnett is relevant in the UFC HW division if he stays active. he would get owned by cain and probably JDS, but barnett matches up really well with werdum and most of the other HW's in the division, minus travis browne of course.

there's no need for him to have the UFC title in his mind. he needs to get back in the octagon and get a win. he's three wins from a UFC fight.

he has intriguing match ups against lesnar, big foot, arlovski and hunt. miocic might even be an entertaining fight.

So basically he doesn't want to fight top contenders. I guess he realized the sport has passed him by.

I sense an awful conclusion to the Nog rivalry coming up.

i think with the IGF fight & announcing for New Japan, he is almost out of UFC completely.
He is probably waiting to see if he can get that Lesnar fight before officially calling it

He already wrestled in IGF on NYE. I think everyone at Zuffa HQ assumed he retired or something.

I figure he will want to fight other name oldsters like he has been doing since Pride shut down. Would watch.

And he had the Metamoris fight. I think they can't stop him from doing that because it's not MMA.

If he wants to Wrestle he should go to WWE.

It would be nice if he fought this year.

If he wants to Wrestle he should go to WWE.

WWE wouldn't want him

They turned down Chael, Bonner, Mo, Page, so why would they take him?

They want young athletes they can train at NXT.
Not 35+ yr olds that carry MMA baggage

Does saying he's not interested in the title mean he doesn't think he can win it?

Back