Josh Barnett praises Hector Lombard on The Joe Rogan Experience

Haha. Hey mang, whatta muscle up mang?

Yeah, I was surprised he was giving him props from the stories I had heard about the two before. Josh is a vet that knows a ton, so was good to hear him saying Lombard has a pretty damn good skill set.

I've been wanting to watch this podcast. Thanks for posting.

Yeah, I was surprised he was giving him props from the stories I had heard about the two before. Josh is a vet that knows a ton, so was good to hear him saying Lombard has a pretty damn good skill set.

Yeah you'd think if anyone were gonna speak bad about Lombard it's Barnett

Story I heard was that Barnett beat the shit out of Lombard for being a gym bully...

Lombard likes to go 200% in training... Doesn't matter if you are a pro or if it was your first day in the gym.. Lombard tries to hurt you...

From what I hear, Barnett taught him a lesson and Lombard left the camp...

I heard Babalu also whooped up on Lombard for the same reason...

Josh Barnett is one of my favorite fighters to listen too.

Story I heard was that Barnett beat the shit out of Lombard for being a gym bully...

Lombard likes to go 200% in training... Doesn't matter if you are a pro or if it was your first day in the gym.. Lombard tries to hurt you...

apparently lombard did the same thing against melvin manhoef and got knocked the f*ck out. then again if you're stupid enough to try to piss off manhoef that's just whats going to happen. nobody at that guys weight hits harder than him, hell maybe nobody with 30 or 40 pounds on him does. nobody else could stop hunt with strikes.

he didnt beat the S**t out od Lombard. he held him down and told him to calm down

Yeah you'd think if anyone were gonna speak bad about Lombard it's Barnett

It actually made me respect Josh, and I've never liked him since his early UFC days. He should be back in the UFC one of these days. I think he and Dana have somewhat made up, and are getting along better these days.

this is anyone who doesnt know the history between Barnett and Lombard

never mind

Last edited:

I've heard plenty of these stories, but really who knows just how much truth is to them. Didn't sound like there was too much bad blood there, though Barnett did say Hector has 'crazy everything' and included mentality on his list.

Anyways, thanks for posting TS, was a really good podcast. I've never really listened to Barnett before, but he's a pretty entertaining guy with lots to say, so I really enjoyed that.

I've heard plenty of these stories, but really who knows just how much truth is to them. Didn't sound like there was too much bad blood there, though Barnett did say Hector has 'crazy everything' and included mentality on his list.

Anyways, thanks for posting TS, was a really good podcast. I've never really listened to Barnett before, but he's a pretty entertaining guy with lots to say, so I really enjoyed that.

theres a story about manhoef getting into it with lombard after lombard started throwing punches too hard and melvin put him to sleep. getting into a pissing contest with manhoef involving punching is like playing russian roulette with a loaded desert eagle with hollow points.

It actually made me respect Josh, and I've never liked him since his early UFC days. He should be back in the UFC one of these days. I think he and Dana have somewhat made up, and are getting along better these days.

It would be dumb if he doesn't end up in the UFC he's one of the best HW's in the world.

theres a story about manhoef getting into it with lombard after lombard started throwing punches too hard and melvin put him to sleep. getting into a pissing contest with manhoef involving punching is like playing russian roulette with a loaded desert eagle with hollow points.

that never happened

Now Rogan says Lombard has an underrated ground game. So now who doesn't have an underrated ground game?

Back