Josh Barnett coaches man vs woman Catch Wrestling match

chamcham

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

I’m not sure how i feel about this. Seeing a ripped guy trying to submit a woman in a wrestling match.

What if UFC WMMA fighters fought UFC manlets in a special rules submission match? Would that be worth watching?

At least he's not playing touchbutt in the park with those dorks.

Dude was going 30% and if you look at the legs and arms you'll see the chick is like 50lbs heavier.

All i see is the hippie ref having mismatched socks

I’m not sure how i feel about this. Seeing a ripped guy trying to submit a woman in a wrestling match.

What if UFC WMMA fighters fought UFC manlets in a special rules submission match? Would that be worth watching?

I have no problem with it. He was clearly stronger but she was game. If anything its good experience for her and will help with confidence against other women.

Men and women are equal. You're sexist.

i agree with you that this is extremely good training but it is maybe better to do this in a gym than competition.
I have no problem with it. He was clearly stronger but she was game. If anything its good experience for her and will help with confidence against other women.

my logic behind that is the difference in bone density psychical strength and tendon strength between genders on average. even if she was the heavier one i would still think you are increasing the chance of injury by a lot especially when it comes to the knees and neck/ spine and even more so when takedowns are a part of it. maybe i'm wrong on that but if this happened often i really think it would lead to a lot more injuries and shorter careers the same applies to smaller men who compete in open weight. with all that said in the gym i grappled with a girl who had 60 lbs on me about and was dense as fuck and i never felt like i came close to injuring her even when i would step up to 75-85% but i did feel like weight difference could injure me. it also wasn't competition though. nothing was on the line and i'd make position adjustments to avoid injury or let go of submissions and avoid getting underneath.
most of all grappling arts are conditioning and technique but you can't deny strength an athletic ability as a factor. thats not to say a women couldnt out grapple a man. a lot probably can. but overall it seems like a bad idea. if more people were aware of the carnage grappling causes on the body over time , they would train and compete smarter. fuck spinal injuries and nerve damage. some athletes compete for only 4 years and are never the same for the rest of their life due to spine neck and knee injuries. most students dont even make it to purple belt and its not just because of how hard it is and how long it takes some peoples bodies just end up giving out. if you want to compete its a life time commitment for sure so you might as well lower the chances you get fucked.

benson has really fallen.

ps:
she'd beat me today for sure. i have shit cardio and havent rolled in years

Send this link to the guy that got tapped by a 115 pound lady.

Dude was going 30% and if you look at the legs and arms you'll see the chick is like 50lbs heavier.

50lbs is an extreme exaggeration...

Her upper body was nothing and even tho her ass and thighs were thick.. I’m betting they were around the same weight/she was slightly heavier.. given that whenever I’ve seen women matched up with men in a competitive drilling session... they are relatively close in weight

absolutely it would. I'd pay good money for Jessica Andrade vs CM Punk.

Back