Joseph Duffy 'The last man to defeat Conor McGregor' signs for the UFC

Finally. The fact he has beat McGregor (albeit few years ago) indicates his hidden potential. I'll track his next fight for sure.

Good to see Duffy fighting again and being signed.
Wanted to point out he's also beaten Norman Parke.
Irish takeover continues.

Glad they've signed another Irish fighter, hopefully he's more classy than Connor.

Here's the video of McGregor tapping like a bitch

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lu0loLWtRWA

Have you ever taken bjj classes? Just so you know. . Once youve been tapped about a hundred times you should start to gain some respect for these guys who put themselves on the line if youre not already respectful by nature. That tells me a lot. . that you dont have a warrior spirit and no experience from even past lives. .

Duffy is 100% legit and shouldn't only be thought of as the man who beat Conor McGregor the last. Dude can fight really well.

Have you ever taken bjj classes? Just so you know. . Once youve been tapped about a hundred times you should start to gain some respect for these guys who put themselves on the line if youre not already respectful by nature. That tells me that you dont have a warrior spirit, no experience from even past lives. .

Dude, don't argue with him....just sit back and bask in the butt hurt like a JBJ fan

looks like Mcgregor was winning on the standup, but got nothing on the ground. It seems his ground game still hasn't been tested in the UFC.

I couldn't care less if they have a rematch, I'm just glad he's in the UFC. He deserves a spot in there, I'm sure he will have some good fights. :)

Great signing.. Be great if he came in made a big name for himself and the eventual rematch happened.. They were both very different fighters back then..

http://www.kingdommma.co.uk/2015/01/irish-lightweight-joseph-duffy-signs.html

He is the last man to defeat Conor McGregor and signs with a 12-1 record.

Looking to debut in spring.

If you haven't seen him before check a highlight on youtube he has had some fantastic wins on cage warriors, also went 7-0 in boxing

Thoughts on this signing?

I was just looking him up today. Seemed like he has a good record. Some finishes. A finish over Conor. Funny coincidence that he gets signed a few hours after i was thinking he should get signed.

I was just thinking about why he hasn't been signed yet. What if McGregor beats Aldo and Duffy becomes a title contender?

I was just thinking about why he hasn't been signed yet. What if McGregor beats Aldo and Duffy becomes a title contender?

Does Duffy can make FWs?
I think he cuts enough to make LWs

Holy shit Conor must be terrified.

Does Duffy can make FWs?
I think he cuts enough to make LWs

No chance Duffy could make FW. He started off as a welterweight and cited the struggle to make LW as a reason for losing his TUF tryout fight. He seems to have it dialled in now but he's a pretty big guy, even for lightweight.

More chance of him rematching Norman Parke of the two.

Last person to beat Parke as well, pumped

Back