Joseph Benavidez vs. Dustin Ortiz Rematch Set for UFC on ESPN+1

Gabe

Saturdays are for the Boys
@Silver
Reaction score
joseph-benavidez-dustin-ortiz-ufc-fight-night-57.jpg

According to MMAJunkie. I got Benavidez by decision.

That's actually a fun match-up.

Ortiz has been BRINGING it his last few fights, knocking the shit outta mo-foz.

thought joe b was fighting figueiredo

edit: just read this on his wiki

" Figueiredo was expected to face Joseph Benavidez on January 19, 2019 at UFC Fight Night 143 However the promotion clarified plans indicating that the pairing was off and that Figueiredo would be rescheduled for a separate event. "

i thought the pairing was fine tbh.

Dustin by hard fought decision. Joe B isn't at the top anymore.

I got Ortiz in this one.

He seems to be evolving while Joe seems to have lost a step or two.

Joe B Wan Kenobi has to be the unluckiest SOB around right now.

FINALLY his nemesis DJ is goneburgers AND he has a win over the current champ BUT he got the wrong end of a coin toss split against Lil Pettis which set him back at the EXACT wrong time.
Italics much bro?

Ugh wanted the figuiredo fight

Finally, the rematch we've all been waiting for. {<buffer}

Joe B Wan Kenobi has to be the unluckiest SOB around right now.

FINALLY his nemesis DJ is goneburgers AND he has a win over the current champ BUT he got the wrong end of a coin toss split (that most fans thought he won --- http://mmadecisions.com/decision/9124/Sergio-Pettis-vs-Joseph-Benavidez) against Lil Pettis which set him back at the EXACT wrong time.

I'm a Joe B fan but I don't see how he won that. He failed his takedowns and got outstruck. That is the fight that showed us he is past his prime.

Joe B lost a close fight to Pettis, his only loss in 8 fights, including an easy 30-27 over Ortiz. Dustin's got a few wins over unranked guys in his past few, but was bouncing back and forth before that, losing to top guys, including Formiga, the guy who just beat Pettis. (If Pettis turned that Joe B win into some momentum by beating Formiga, would have made for a decent contender)

So wouldn't a Benavidez-Formiga rematch make a bit more sense at this point? He's got a 3 fight win streak too, including ranked guys (2 if Ben Nyguen wasn't cut). That would have left Figuiredo vs Ortiz, which would have been fun as fuck too.

thought joe b was fighting figueiredo

edit: just read this on his wiki

" Figueiredo was expected to face Joseph Benavidez on January 19, 2019 at UFC Fight Night 143 However the promotion clarified plans indicating that the pairing was off and that Figueiredo would be rescheduled for a separate event. "

i thought the pairing was fine tbh.
This, that's the fight I wanted to see. I've got Ortiz in this new match up. CSA deserves some respect, they've been reviving some careers. Changed my pick from Amanda to Cyborg just because she did/is doing her camp there.

Back