Joseph Benavidez vs. Ali Bagautinov added to UFC 192

Sucks I was looking forward to the Cejudo matchup.

Cejudo doesn't deserve to fight Joey B yet. This fight makes more sense.

ali bagautinov bad matchup for benavidez.. gonna be a tough fight

Now who will Cejudo fight? I predict either Formiga, Ortiz or Borg.

It'll be good to have Ali back in the division, though getting Joe B after such a long layoff is a tough break.

Now who will Cejudo fight? I predict either Formiga, Ortiz or Borg.

If they're trying to keep him on the September card, Formiga would make the most sense. Ortiz and Borg just fought, though Ortiz didn't seem to take much damage. But idk if he'd want such a quick turnaround against someone on this level. Formiga could make a good fight though.

If Formiga is next for Cejudo, would that that it would most likely be on the Monterrey or Sao Paulo FN cards in November. Though certainly could add depth to UFC 193, UFC 194 or the Orlando Fox event.

If they're trying to keep him on the September card, Formiga would make the most sense. Ortiz and Borg just fought, though Ortiz didn't seem to take much damage. But idk if he'd want such a quick turnaround against someone on this level. Formiga could make a good fight though.
Big step-up in competition for Cejudo, but it has the makings of an interesting grappling bout, or Cejudo keeps it standing and outpoints The Juice on the feet.

I actually like this. Benavidez probably would've handled Cejudo and this is a much more intriguing pairing, if Bagautinov isn't too hindered by the lay off and testing.

Back