Joseph Benavidez not happy with T.J. Dillashaw's comments about the FW division.

I don't know if the people who were against FLW now root against TJ. I definitely haven't kept track of who expressed what opinion on those matters.

The impression I've gotten is that about equal parts are rooting for TJ as for Cejudo. I definitely don't want FLW gone, but I am rooting for TJ, because I'm just a big fan of his. I like Cejudo too, but not nearly as much.

If they scrap FLW I'd blame the UFC for not properly being able to promote those guys (or fighters in general). But, I don't really hold it against them. Their incompetencies are just a part of their imperfection and errbody is imperfect.
I feel like FLW was on borrowed time after DJ refused to fight in a profitable title bout.
But credit to TJ for taking that situation as a chance to ramp up hype/momentum for this fight.
Sadly, there are folks who seem to really think TJ wants a whole division gone, including Joe B.

Kills me. Prizefighting has been this way forever, these types of statements should be understood to be tongue in cheek, and are an attempt to catch the public's attention.

Just sucks that a basic concept like banter/promotion is perceived as "more shitty snake like shit from TJ."

Methinks a large chunk of fans can't separate the salesman part of the job from the real person who's just trying to advance upward.

I feel like FLW was on borrowed time after DJ refused to fight in a profitable title bout.
But credit to TJ for taking that situation as a chance to ramp up hype/momentum for this fight.
Sadly, there are folks who seem to really think TJ wants a whole division gone, including Joe B.

Kills me. Prizefighting has been this way forever, these types of statements should be understood to be tongue in cheek, and are an attempt to catch the public's attention.

Just sucks that a basic concept like banter/promotion is perceived as "more shitty snake like shit from TJ."

Methinks a large chunk of fans can't separate the salesman part of the job from the real person who's just trying to advance upward.

I kinda get where Benavidez is coming from. His job isn't secure and than a friend in TJ says something like that. I get that it might be hard to look at such a statement, at such a time, in an objective manner. I just hope someone (Megan) tries to explain the situation to him.

Agreed. People forget that this is also a business, a showbusiness, entertainment. And especially the less popular divisions could use some more show to make them more entertaining to the general public. Just like how Conor made 145 one of the hottest divisions.

125 is gone no matter what TJ did/does.
DJ losing to Cejudo is what screwed it up, it would still be about if Rogan could keep going on about the P4P greatest ever Demetrious keeping his run of defences going.

tumblr_o1qtal1UIe1tihmddo1_400.gif

too much about nothing. he said he doesn't really care and this is a selfish sport. and it is. also it's not dillashaw closing the division but the ufc because it's just not really profitable. and I think it's more dillashaw trying to be controversial than anything

also, it's not like he would be out of a job, he can just say he will fight at 135

And we have guys on here wondering why he is disliked by so many.
yeah, because he's the one closing the division. a little bit of a controversial comment, nothing more, nothing less

TJ don't give a fuck about anything other than himself.

Dillashaw is the living embodiment of the phrase "who needs enemies with friends like you."
ok, please me tell instances where dillashaw just straight up acted like a piece of shit with his friends (aside occasionally cheap shotting them. that's bad I agree, but you guys say like he's one of the biggest scumbags in the sport)

Joe B. and Cejudo will almost certainly find themselves on the UFC roster as bantamweights regardless of what happens tonight. It's the Ben Nguyen's and Louis Smolka's of the roster that have reason to be worried, but I think they will find a good home in either ONE or RIZIN with some fresh matchups and crowds that better respect them.

TJ: the only man who isn't allowed to not fucking care about 125. Sherdoggers, pundits, casuals? It's hunkie dorie when we dog a whole weightclass.

TJ though? He really needs to tone it down apparently
:rolleyes:

TJ was like "I do this for myself".

Yeah we all know your a selfish prick TJ. Its all about you. Go take another wedding picture with your belt. Even your wedding day couldn't be about your wife.

Bumavidez would get fed his lunch by Killashaw. Don't be hatin on TJ for stating facts when 125 is the lowest rated, lowest drawing, worst selling, least relevant division in UFC history. They had the so called #1 P4P as champ for years and still couldn't draw flies to a corpse much less pop a PPV buyrate or TV rating.

I hate TJ but anyone who can inflict pain and suffering to Team Alpha Male will always have my respect.

what did he say?
He rolled right along with the FLW divisions rumored departure with a bit of enthusiastic ribbing, everyone including Joe B. Felt dishespected.
Then sherdoggers with leaky pussies called Dillashaw an asshole lol

I kinda get where Benavidez is coming from. His job isn't secure and than a friend in TJ says something like that. I get that it might be hard to look at such a statement, at such a time, in an objective manner. I just hope someone (Megan) tries to explain the situation to him.

Agreed. People forget that this is also a business, a showbusiness, entertainment. And especially the less popular divisions could use some more show to make them more entertaining to the general public. Just like how Conor made 145 one of the hottest divisions.
or he could just fight at his natural weight class instead of cutting weight/crying

Back