Joseph Benavidez not happy with T.J. Dillashaw's comments about the FW division.

TJ can't ever win w some ppl. I like his contracted hitman swag, and why not?

"Division dispatcher" is quite the feather in his cap. "Champ, a champ champ, a snake in the grass are all fair game.
But dont you dare talk about burying that stagnant money losing division, that's just meeeeeean"
Shits just funny coming from fans of cagefighting

People always brag about someone retiring another fighter or completely humiliating another fighter when they dominate them, this sport not being the most compassionate should not be a surprise. Just look at the lack of compassion most posters on here show, that's what the sport inspires in a lot of people.

Well it's all up to Big Head Henry to save the division tonight

TJ's comments were pretty ice cold
I dont believe even a henry win will save that division. The writing is on the wall

If he didn't fight Cejudo they probably scrappped it anyway, so at least this way Cejudo is still given a chance by TJ to prove his and maybe the divisions worth to the UFC, if anything
TJ - what a saint. Throwing some bones to the peon's at 125.

People always brag about someone retiring another fighter or completely humiliating another fighter when they dominate them, this sport not being the most compassionate should not be a surprise. Just look at the lack of compassion most posters on here show, that's what the sport inspires in a lot of people.
Exactly. This industry is defined by devastating losses, improbable victories, and the near certainty that 90% of fighters will leave the game with less than they came into the game with.
Those realities get overlooked by the very fans who know these things better than anyone, or at least should.

TJ is a goddamn jackal, his legacy will be the stuff of legend when it's said and done. Everyone wanted FLW to fuck off until TJ publicly agreed w them....
Talk about No good deeds going unpunished

You all need to calm down on TJ. He trying to sell the fight people. It's what you're supposed to do as the main event.
Joe B and his head down wide hooks ala 2008 Urijah Faber ... sit down.

Wait so the flyweights are blaming TJ for the division shutting down instead of themselves for putting on boring fights that no1 cares about?

If you think DJ, Cejudo, or Benavidez are boring fighters you are just an idiot.

Alpha Male chose the wrong contender in NeckTat. At least the real Snake Jackson chose wisely with Bones over Rashad and everyone else.

No, he didn’t.

Rashad was a good man, and Jones is a cheat.

Like TJ actually has any power to save or kill a whole division. They are crying about TJ now, but they should have used that energy to put eyes on them the past few years.

98% of the division lives expense free in the North Pole anyways, I don't know why they are complaining.
The narrative that TJ is Dana's hitman coming to shut down the division I think is supposed to be a dramatic storyline to help sell the card. I don't believe TJ himself has the power to end divisions if he wins and they do dismantle the whole division and somehow it becomes TJ killed flyweight it will be because the organization wanted it to look that way for whatever reason.

I think even if Cejudo wins the division is probably going away. Cejudo himself has said hewants to fight next at BW if he wins.

I don't think they need to get rid of men's flyweight. They just added women's flyweight and it's paper thin.

Benavidez is just setting up a fight with TJ incase the Fly weight division goes away.

You all need to calm down on TJ. He trying to sell the fight people. It's what you're supposed to do as the main event.

Exactly!!! These Alpha male dudes are showing that their name is just a front. First, they sounded like bitter exes when he left them to BETTER himself and now this? I'm not a big fan of TJ's personality but cmon man! Smdh! The more these guys talk, the more I ONLY want to see/hear them once the cage door closes.

its not like tj is shutting down the division on his own or that it's his choice, but the fact that he is openly bragging about being sent down to end it is pretty gay. Especially since joe b is actually one of the few tam fellows to stick by him through the Dwayne shit

~DaViD~

TJ - what a saint. Throwing some bones to the peon's at 125.

It is what it is, bud. Getting mad at TJ or the situation of the division is a waste of your energy. Nobody said he was a saint. But the reality is that he is a relatively big name giving Cejudo the chance to earn more staying power, fame and probably money. Shit talk is just show.

Wait so the flyweights are blaming TJ for the division shutting down instead of themselves for putting on boring fights that no1 cares about?

<Huh2>

Joe B was probably the most exciting guy at bantamweight before he dropped down.

That dwarf division was dead before TJ ever came along.

No one likes watching them, except maybe for Mighty Mouse because he was dominant. Now that's he's gone the curtain is closed

Exactly. This industry is defined by devastating losses, improbable victories, and the near certainty that 90% of fighters will leave the game with less than they came into the game with.
Those realities get overlooked by the very fans who know these things better than anyone, or at least should.

TJ is a goddamn jackal, his legacy will be the stuff of legend when it's said and done. Everyone wanted FLW to fuck off until TJ publicly agreed w them....
Talk about No good deeds going unpunished

I don't know if the people who were against FLW now root against TJ. I definitely haven't kept track of who expressed what opinion on those matters.

The impression I've gotten is that about equal parts are rooting for TJ as for Cejudo. I definitely don't want FLW gone, but I am rooting for TJ, because I'm just a big fan of his. I like Cejudo too, but not nearly as much.

If they scrap FLW I'd blame the UFC for not properly being able to promote those guys (or fighters in general). But, I don't really hold it against them. Their incompetencies are just a part of their imperfection and errbody is imperfect.

This. He's doing his duty as a champion in a main event by promoting the high stakes. It's not even reaching on his part, he's not out there trying to fake the funk, this is who he is just turned up to 11. Ppl tend to chalk any prefight banter up as fake, phony, wwe etc.

But somewhere between a mute like rose and a goober like Colby, there's a huge middle ground of confidence and composure that gets misrepresented as arrogance, which is unfair.

Back