Joseph Benavidez - #1 contender of the decade

18/8/2010 - the first time Joseph Benavidez , #2 Bantamweight in the world, tried to become a world champion in his weight class.
He came short having a very close fight against Dominick Cruz.

Since then he attempted 2 more times, and almost all of that time he was #2 - no matter whether in Bantamweight or Lightweight.
Always one step from a gold, never being able to reach it.

Not even a gatekeeper - any other contenders would probably have fallen short had they faced Benavidez before champion, BS decision vs Pettis is the only exclusion.

Now he has his fourth attempt, a decade after the 1st one, and you know what? No one can promised it's the last.

benavidez_joseph.jpg

joseph-benavidez-dustin-ortiz-ufc-on-espn-plus-1-8.jpg

ufc152_11_johnson_vs_benavidez_022.jpg

hi-res-7633712_crop_north.jpg

426full-megan-olivi.jpg
I personally think he's the best fighter at TAM, problem is he had one of the GOAT in his division in between him and the belt. I like Davieson but I really hope JoeB gets that belt.

Holy shit those 9 year olds are ripped! This must be from somewhere in Asia, no way they would let kids this young fight in the western world!?

They would smash you in 10 seconds

CANT BELIEVE THE JUDGES GAVE SERGIO THAT FUCKING FIGHT

Benavidez only losses are to Goat Bantam Cruz, and Goat Fly DJ
True...and even his title fights were razor close decisions; first one with Cruz in WEC (I've thought he won that fight) and then when he fought DJ for inaugural title in the UFC.

I personally think he's the best fighter at TAM, problem is he had one of the GOAT in his division in between him and the belt. I like Davieson but I really hope JoeB gets that belt.

He's with Ludwig and TJ now isn't he?

I always use to confuse him with chad mendes i dunno why

He's with Ludwig and TJ now isn't he?
Hmm, seems that you're right and that he left TAM back in 2016. I remember him training with them but my impression was that he was going to split his time but it looks like the ended up leaving TAM for good. Probably for the best, I think he learned what he could there.

Not enough Megalivi pics in this thread... just some manlet talk.

I'm leaving disappointed.

Megan is his belt.
If I had a choice between marrying Megan Olivi or being UFC champ I might just pick Olivi tbh.
82244850_193426361835726_7002816984180324783_n.jpg

God I want her to stick her foot in my mouth and I'm not even usually a foot guy.

Man she could've easily scored a fighter who is at least half a foot taller than her but yet she ended up marrying a manlet.

G-d Bless Megan Olivi and all the girls around the world like her.

Back