Jose Zepeda vs Kendo Castaneda July 7th Top Rank ESPN

MMALOPEZ

Titanium Belt
@Titanium
Reaction score
EE637529-8E8C-4722-B111-D675013C3E67.jpeg Castaneda (17-1, 8 KO), 26, enjoyed a fairly standard prospect rise before working his way to a prospect clash with Yomar Alamo this past February. Castaneda started strong, but ultimately faded down the stretch en route to a majority decision loss. While it’s admirable to see him take such a stiff test after his first career setback, especially without a title on the line, he’s a far cry from Baranchyk in terms of hype.

Especially since cardio issues are the last things you want against Zepeda (31-2, 25 KO), who’s historically at his most vulnerable in the later rounds.

Vences (23-1-1, 12 KO) will look to make it two straight since losing his own “someone’s 0 has got to go” match with Albert Bell. Lopez (20-2, 11 KO) lost to Ruben Villa in May 2019 on ShoBox, but has won three straight, including a stoppage of previously unbeaten Cristian Baez on Dec. 14 in Mexicali.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.ba...set-july-7-baranchyk-injured-espn-boxing-news

San Antonio’s Castaneda came in at 143¾ pounds for his 10-round welterweight fight against Jose Zepeda on Tuesday night. Zepeda stepped on the Nevada State Athletic Commission’s scale at 143¾ pounds as well for a main event ESPN will televise from MGM Grand Conference Center.

zepeda-castaneda-weights%20(2).jpg

I'm glad there's a card tonight. Especially since there were no fights of any kind this past weekend. So, I'm definitely in the mood for some fistic action tonight. I don't know much about Kendo Castaneda but Zepeda always provides a lot of action in his fights. And in my opinion, he could be a champion right now as I had his bout with Ramirez scored a draw after 12 rounds. So, it could have gone either way. So, I'm really looking forward to seeing how he does tonight.

shit, I gotta miss it and dvr it for later.
gotta go to Kaiser for blood work.

10-9 Lopez. Aggression and volume

Close

19-19 . Mur. . A bit sharper in between.

close

Back