Jose Napoles

Discussion in 'Boxing Discussion' started by TheRatman, Aug 11, 2010.

1. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

tell me more about this guy, i just found out about this guy and he looks like a beast. He had a rec of 86 wins and 7 loses with 55 KOs.

The first though that came to mind is, I want to see him and Duran go at it.What do yall think, was he good enough to hang with Duran.

2. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Napoles vs Duran at either LW or WW is a good matchup. Napoles was no joke at all. As far as I remember what I've read about him he was avoided like the plague back in his days, and ended up challenging Monzon for the MW title. The guy was slick, had a great leading left and some pretty decent punching power. His moves looked very natural and smooth and he obviously had great timing and pacing. It would take a prime and focused Duran to take this guy out, and Napoles whould still stand a good chance via sheer frustration IMO.

3. TheRatman

TheRatman Brown Belt

Thanks for the reply Hagler, I was starting to think nobody ever heard of this guy. I hadnt until i was looking at past fighters that kinda went under the radar.

Kinda reminds me of a big Pacman, the way he bounces around and starts to throw with both hands.

4. Hagler

Hagler Man of wealth and taste

Overall he's not much bigger, considering that he boxed only once at MW and raised from LW to WW, where he got his belt. I'd say he's slicker than Pac and not exactly as rabbid. He can certainly throw lots of punches when appropriate, but overall it seems to me that he picks his shots more carefully than Manny. Given what can be found on videos, the guy would hold his own on the current WW scene, fo sho'.