Jose Canseco's a boxer!

I was hoping the 60 year old man would be Larry Holmes...or at least Dan Severn (I know he isnt tHAT old yet) lol.

but this doesnt suprise me. I wonder if they'll still try and make a fight with Walker...

Sounded like Canseco was taking it easy on him.

Edit: twas merged

Last edited:
Why would you boo at a charity event? Fucks sake fight fans are retarded sometimes. Also....ya Canseco was not trying to rock that guy.

Either a work and/or he just felt sorry for the old dude. Canseco was working him in the first round with the jab but never threw the right hand. And then he basically stopped throwing punches until the 4th round when he started throwing the jab again and knocked the geezer back about 4 feet. He then asked "Are you OK?" and seemed sorry and then stopped throwing again.

Canseco could have knocked this guy's block off in the first round if he wanted to, but KTFOing some near senior citizen at a charity event isn't gonna look good, so he took it easy on him and still got paid.

Meh. It was painfully obvious that he was taking it easy on the guy.

Its obvious he didnt want to hurt the old fella. He might be a bad fighter but hes not THAT bad.

I think he would have had some heat/bad press on his back if he went balls out and KO'ed a 60 year old man in a friendly charity fight.

The old guy was treating it like a proper fight though, haha.

Did Gary's (old guy) coach want him to step back after he jabbed in the 3rd round? I couldn't quite hear what he wanted him to do clearly enough.

Don't like Canseco. Not the least. He's a dickhead. Is that fighter-bashing? Not at all... he's no fighter. But he can take a baseball off the dome pretty hilariously and turn it into a HR.

Its obvious he didnt want to hurt the old fella. He might be a bad fighter but hes not THAT bad.

I think he would have had some heat/bad press on his back if he went balls out and KO'ed a 60 year old man in a friendly charity fight.

The old guy was treating it like a proper fight though, haha.

From the comments on this thread it seems that few of us understand what an exhibition match actually is. Especially a charity exhibition match.

Canseco MAY suck as a fighter/human whatever, but this particular story doesn't present any evidence to further either conclusion.

In fact, if he WAS a dickslap, he probably would have gone out there and tried to KO the old fella. There may have been some actual backlash had that gone down (as opposed to Shertarded rabble).

he wasent even trying.... he could had killed the old man the first round if he wanted

Back