Jose Aldo will destroy Frankie Edgar

a prerequisite for "Fighter X cannot win this fight and will lose 100%" should require evidence of monetary wager in the future. There's like 50 of these threads everytime a fight draws near.

There's nothing to lose, everything to gain, and proof of conviction.

I never said anything about percents, I can't see Edgar beating Aldo anywhere besides having a bigger gas tank.

A cardio advantage is kinda a big thing. There is a huge gap here.

HAve to be a UD, moving in and out and basically pulling a Condit

A cardio advantage is kinda a big thing. There is a huge gap here.

Based on what? Hominick fight? Aldo was sick for that and still obliterated him for 4 rounds.

ALdo has gone 5 easy several times since then..and before.

I never said anything about percents, I can't see Edgar beating Aldo anywhere besides having a bigger gas tank.

regardless, there has been tons of examples of fights throughout history where intangibles and favorable bias has awarded fight to the fighter who loses on paper.

if the probability of Aldo winning is so great, then it's almost guaranteed money right?

Based on what? Hominick fight? Aldo was sick for that and still obliterated him for 4 rounds.

ALdo has gone 5 easy several times since then..and before.

That true. I'd say that Edgar does have better cardio, but that doesn't mean Aldo has bad cardio.

regardless, there has been tons of examples of fights throughout history where intangibles and favorable bias has awarded fight to the fighter who loses on paper.

if the probability of Aldo winning is so great, then it's almost guaranteed money right?

nothing is guaranteed in MMA obviously but I don't understand all the people saying edgar is going to win...they can't say why

Striking : Aldo (not even close)

Wrestling : Aldo's TDD > Edgar's take downs

BJJ : Aldo

Speed : Aldo

Power : Aldo

Athleticism : Aldo

Cardio : Edgar

How does Edgar win?

His pitter patter, in and out style won't work against a faster opponent, who uses devastating leg kicks.

I think Edgar's only chance is to win a UD by tiring out Aldo by the 2nd round. But I think he'll get finished long before then.

Ps: I also believe Aldo would crush anyone at 155, including Bendo. Go figure.

Let me fix that for you

Striking (diversity): Aldo

Striking (movement): Frankie

Boxing: Frankie

Thai: Aldo

Wrestling : Frankie.

Heart: Frankie

BJJ : ? ( we only have the word of his fellow Brazilians on how good Aldo is on the floor)

Speed : Aldo (when Aldo slows down, Frankie will take over)

Athleticism : ?

Frankie will win, I am positive, please remortgage your house & put it all on Aldo so that I get a nice payday.

Last edited:
Edgar is being underestimated in this fight, he's a serious threat to Aldo. I've got Aldo by a close decision but I won't be surprised if Edgar wins. He was the champion of a division above Aldo and although it's his first fight at 145, Aldo will be coming off a year-long layoff.

If Edgar can be competitive on the feet and pressure with takedowns he could pull of a decision win, especially if Aldo begins to fade in the championship rounds.

Chad mendes is a better wrestler than maynard and edgar. lol.....

I'm a fan of Mendes, and in terms of competitive wrestling I have no doubt that he's a better wrestler (at least pound-for-pound). In MMA, however, he has struggled to set up his takedowns against top competition. He even had trouble taking down Omigawa (yet, just last week, Kawajiri was taking Omigawa down at will).

Let me fix that for you

Striking (diversity): Aldo

Striking (movement): Frankie

Boxing: Frankie

Thia: Aldo

Wrestling : Frankie.

Heart: Frankie

BJJ : ? ( we only have the word of his fellow Brazilians on how good Aldo is on the floor)

Speed : Aldo

Athleticism : Aldo

Frankie will win, I am positive, please remortgage your house & put it all on Aldo so that I get a nice payday.

thanks to clueless people like you for making the betting lines better for aldo, I prob will put up a bunch of money on aldo

Lol. You are beyond delusional.

you're calling him delusional when you have Aldo's nuts rammed down your throat so far, you're predicting him to "crush" Bendo? Gtfo dude,

nothing is guaranteed in MMA obviously but I don't understand all the people saying edgar is going to win...they can't say why

Aldo might have a bad weight cut and Edgar a good one allowing Edgar to land a power shot on Aldo in the championship rounds and stopping him much like how he defeated Gray Maynard.

if Edgar can avoid those leg kicks, he can take this...i remember in the 2nd fight with henderson, ben was catching frankie with leg kicks early in the 1st round, and stopped for whatever reason...so if ben was able to do it then imagine what aldo can do..just my 2cents

Back