Striking : Aldo (not even close)

Wrestling : Aldo's TDD > Edgar's take downs

BJJ : Aldo

Speed : Aldo

Power : Aldo

Athleticism : Aldo

Cardio : Edgar

How does Edgar win?

His pitter patter, in and out style won't work against a faster opponent, who uses devastating leg kicks.

I think Edgar's only chance is to win a UD by tiring out Aldo by the 2nd round. But I think he'll get finished long before then.

Ps: I also believe Aldo would crush anyone at 155, including Bendo. Go figure.

Wrestling : Edgar
Cardio : Edgar
Strength : Edgar
Boxing: Edgar
Endurance : I'd give it to Edgar.

As for how he wins? Sets up take downs with punches, control and GnP to UD.

KO (punch)

next question

Also, Cain has no chance of beating JDS. Cain will get punched and KO again. JDS's takedown defense is the best!

I find it curious how many Sherdoggers appear to believe that Aldo will shrug off Edgar's takedowns when Bendo and Maynard could not.

Easily. Aldo would get man-handled at 155. After Frankie takes his belt, Aldo will be calling Dolce to get him down to Bantamweight.

I find it curious how many Sherdoggers appear to believe that Aldo will shrug off Edgar's takedowns when Bendo and Maynard could not.

Aldo has better TDD than Bendo and Maynard. Also, Edgar couldn't come close to taking Maynard down until he was completely gassed.

Also Maynard took Edgar down at will in their first fight.

Wrasslin'. As long as he doesn't let this happen:

jose-aldo_rolando-perez.gif

Crazy thing is, Aldo caught him coming in for a jab. I'd be willing to bet that he can catch Frankie coming in for a TD.

I'll be sure to bump this thread when Frankie becomes the champ.

The same way he always does it? Frantic pace lots of movement and boxing mixed with lots of td? Might work.

Edgar is a more refined chad mendes

I still think he'll lose but surely by now you've learn you can't instantly count Frankie out.

It'll be a great fight and easily Aldos hardest.

Edgar has good hands and is an excellent mma fighter, in that he is able to mix everything up excellently.

He could win by pressure and gassing Aldo with takedowns and good movement.

I think Aldo wins but it could go Edgars way.

a prerequisite for "Fighter X cannot win this fight and will lose 100%" should require evidence of monetary wager in the future. There's like 50 of these threads everytime a fight draws near.

There's nothing to lose, everything to gain, and proof of conviction.

As it stands, when someone's prediction is totally wrong, people just disappear only to reappear again to make more "This guy has no chance" threads.

Wrasslin'. As long as he doesn't let this happen:

jose-aldo_rolando-perez.gif

Crazy thing is, Aldo caught him coming in for a jab. I'd be willing to bet that he can catch Frankie coming in for a TD.

Edgar is very good at timing his takedowns. I can't see what aldo did to mendes happening again.

Back