Jose Aldo vs Frankie Edgar super fight?

bigsirbry

Yellow Belt
@Yellow
Reaction score
Is it just me or does anyone else feel like this isnt a super fight? I mean its definitely a great fight that I am interested in but I dont think they should call it a super fight its actually kind of annoying to me that they do. Maybe its just me though im definitely interested on what you guys think and if this qualifies as a super fight to you.

You can make a case for either honestly. It's definitely a great fight though. I mean a "superfight" usually means Champ vs Champ, which this obviously isn't. But you could also say that Edgar beat Bendo the 2nd time (which he did IMO) but even AGAIN you could say Edgar/Bendo I wasn't even that close to call for an immediate rematch (which again IMO it wasn't) IDK!!!!

I'm just hoping we will finally get to see Aldo's ground game.

It would have been a superfight if Bendo hadn't been around.

Honestly I don't think it is a super fight. It is a great fight, no doubt, but not super. He only won what, 2 fights after winning the belt?

definitely the most anticipated in the FW division at least

Meh, it's a great fight. Let's not get too nitpicky over how "super" it is.

Former champ who probably should have gotten the nod in his last title fight. Yeah, its a superfight.

Most believe Frankie won the second fight and should have reclaimed his belt. In our eyes, it's a super fight.

This is a big title fight, but far from a superfight.

I feel the term superfight gets thrown around to loosely.

The only fights that are really possible right now are GSP vs. Anderson and Anderson vs. Jones.

Edgar has essentially been pushed out of 155 and forced to move down (for a while) since he lost to Bendo twice. I know that some people don't like either decision loss but that is the way it is

so it is hard to put a "super fight" tag on it.

having said that, I am excited about the fight and so who cares what it is called. should be Aldo's biggest test.

This is a big title fight, but far from a superfight.

I feel the term superfight gets thrown around to loosely.

The only fights that are really possible right now are GSP vs. Anderson and Anderson vs. Jones.

Pretty much the only fights that come to mind when I hear superfight as well

You can make a case for either honestly. It's definitely a great fight though. I mean a "superfight" usually means Champ vs Champ, which this obviously isn't. But you could also say that Edgar beat Bendo the 2nd time (which he did IMO) but even AGAIN you could say Edgar/Bendo I wasn't even that close to call for an immediate rematch (which again IMO it wasn't) IDK!!!!

I'm just hoping we will finally get to see Aldo's ground game.

You knocked it out of the park friend I came here to pretty much say exactly this so im a quote you instead while giving you props for thinking alike.

I thought it was a superfight in 2011, Then imo Frankie lost a close one to Bendo, then beat Bendo handily in a rematch.

I think he's the best lightweight in the world, so yup.

Former champ who probably should have gotten the nod in his last title fight. Yeah, its a superfight.

I agree. If the right guy won Edgar/Bendo II then nobody would be questioning this. Also a fight between two P4P entrants.

Put it this way, if Cain fought Jones now, would it be a 'super fight'? You bet. This is no different in my mind.

Yes!

I don't give a shit what the vision impared judges say, Also beat Bendo last time out.

So it's Champ v Rightful Champ.

It is the superest of fights. Its gonna be amazing. Edgar by KO.

Back