Jose Aldo uninterested in Dominick Cruz fight, willing to wait for No. 1 contender bout with TJ

Cruz and Aldo are heading in the same direction, prime in the rear view and retirement. Cruz gets it, Aldo doesn't. He firmly believes he can be champ. Even after losing to Volk/Max/Yan. Cruz will take on unknowns just to compete. That is taking it step by step.

TJ isn't interested in the Aldo fight, he's willing to wait for a title shot, when he heals up. So this means a waiting game for Aldo. Won't take that fight, can't get the other. Will be inactive, will get older.

I think he should take the Cruz fight. It's a legend fight that's better to happen than to be missed altogether. And he should win that.

Big respect for Brawldo
Hope he makes the title run, but I don't see him getting past Yan

Why is this matchup so appealing to you guys? I think it's pretty obvious Jose destroys Doms legs. He's like the worst matchup possible for Dom.
That’s if Cruz even makes it to the fight!

God damn this dudes a savage. That being said, the Cruz fight would be really interesting. And frankly, makes sense considering both guys are in the way out.

disappointing. mma fans were dying to see cruz/aldo 10 years ago. they’re both still capable of putting on a good performance and they just don’t want to.

I think the hardcores and the WEC heads were into that fight, but IIRC the Aldo/Cruz superfight barely got talked about back when both guys were champs. Granted, this was back when 145 was a “Manlet” division and Cruz was injured a lot, but I don’t think a lot of the fans cared that much about making that fight, which is a shame since it would have been a classic

Aldo is obsessed with the BW Belt, but let's be realistic, he's never going to get it, he's way past his prime.

tiny bit of self entitlement from aldo, but i dont mind.

and aldo gets away with everything, remember when he cheated the fuck out of the rules so badly and grabbed the fence before chad was going to slam him and tko him on the ground!?

I think the hardcores and the WEC heads were into that fight, but IIRC the Aldo/Cruz superfight barely got talked about back when both guys were champs. Granted, this was back when 145 was a “Manlet” division and Cruz was injured a lot, but I don’t think a lot of the fans cared that much about making that fight, which is a shame since it would have been a classic
well yeah true. the narrative back then was always that aldo struggled to make 145 and if he was going to change weight classes, he’d go up not down. so yeah, him versus edgar/bendo came up way more often.

i think he looks terrifyingly thin at 135 still but he hasn’t missed weight and has put on good performances so hey, all the power to him. the fact that they both are in the same weight class now means this fight makes too much sense. i would absolutely love this fight

Why is this matchup so appealing to you guys? I think it's pretty obvious Jose destroys Doms legs. He's like the worst matchup possible for Dom.
Never understood the obsession with Dom on this site. Glorified point fighter.

well yeah true. the narrative back then was always that aldo struggled to make 145 and if he was going to change weight classes, he’d go up not down. so yeah, him versus edgar/bendo came up way more often.

i think he looks terrifyingly thin at 135 still but he hasn’t missed weight and has put on good performances so hey, all the power to him. the fact that they both are in the same weight class now means this fight makes too much sense. i would absolutely love this fight
Yeah also the fans were (and to a lesser extent still are) super immature about weight back then. A lot of the fans just didn’t want to watch lower weight class guys and both Aldo/Cruz were famous for being poor draws

Back